This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch, I feel for the guy...

Client of mine came up, asking if I'd heard from my old coder anytime recently. I said um, no. We had just a wee bit of a falling out.

Turns out, client paid him upfront for a project, and he's not responding to their emails now.

I told them I was very, very sorry to hear about this, and that I'd try and reach him for them, but I didn't think I'd have very good luck. They understood, and said that now they understood why I'd been so darn proactive lately in making sure everyone was crystal clear that he has nothing to do with my business.

However, they may or may not now have his home address, phone number, and all of his emails that they are passing along to their lawyer.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Oooo! Karma! Me likey.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Go get 'im! *shakes fist*
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Wonderful! One by one, he'll ruin his own reputation.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Big, big update. Holy mother of an update. Client contacted me after trying for a while to daily reach him. DAILY.

I tried to help them out, and to reach him for them. Well, I managed to finally get a hold of him. Conversation follows.

[7:42:48 PM] Coder: Hey.
          [7:42:49 PM] Coder: I'm home now.
          [7:42:53 PM] Coder: I see no emails from a Hamee
          [8:07:36 PM] Seraph: I didn't say Hammee, I said <Client>.
          [8:07:49 PM] Seraph: They're going to be taking you to court if you don't reply/
          [8:09:07 PM] Coder: Do you mean <his previous company name>?
          [8:09:14 PM] Coder: They don't exist anymore unfortunately.
          [8:09:18 PM] Seraph: They mean you.
          [8:09:22 PM] Coder: So you can threaten court action against me all youw ant.
          [8:09:25 PM] Seraph: I'm not
          [8:09:29 PM] Seraph: I'm telling you what I've heard.
          [8:12:54 PM] Seraph: I'm not sure why you're doing this to them. I'm just telling you what they've said, and I was trying to help you avoid a court issue.
          [8:13:08 PM] Seraph: But if you're going to act like that....then whatever, hope its worth it to you.
          [8:13:23 PM] Coder: I'm not going to be threatened.
          [8:13:29 PM] Coder: I'll call your bluff, go ahead and file a lawsuit against me Seraph.
          [8:13:36 PM] Coder: I'm tired of the contsant threats.
          [8:13:38 PM] Seraph: IM NOT DOING IT YOU MORON.
          [8:13:44 PM] Seraph: I SAID ITS <CLIENT>.
          [8:13:49 PM] Coder: If you want action from me, then I suggest you find other means of communicating with me.
          [8:13:55 PM] Seraph: holy crap
          [8:14:01 PM] Seraph: IM NOT FILING ANYTHING AGAINST YOU.
          [8:14:03 PM] Seraph: SOMEONE ELSE IS.
          [8:14:23 PM] Seraph: I tried to tell you what THEY are saying, and to help YOU, and you have the idiocy to say its me trying to sue you?
          [8:16:52 PM] Seraph: If you're not going to answer your phone, then you deserve whatever they sue you for.
          [8:17:04 PM] Seraph: I tried to help you, and to warn you about what they're doing

So, basically, he's gone completely insane. They didn't pay his company, I even pulled up the records for them. They paid him DIRECTLY via PayPal, and not a whit of his old company name was mentioned anywhere. He's so screwed, and when I showed this convo to my client, they were livid. They're starting everything in motion tomorrow.

I'm shaking here, I'm so upset. Had sveeral chest pains already over it, just goign to go walk this off.
          Last edited by Seraph; 01-04-2012, 12:30 AM.

Comment

I hope you feel better after your walk...that guy really is crazy *hands you cookies and hot cocoa*
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post

However, they may or may not now have his home address, phone number, and all of his emails that they are passing along to their lawyer.
              Oh gee, it would be just terrible if they did.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'd advise you to stay out of this just in case. If your ex-coder contacts you ignore him. I don't know what he's like but he might try to blame you for it. Keep the logs you have of previous conversations but don't make contact with him.
                How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Nonono, no angry, Seraph person!
                  A toast! A pint to the downfall of a complete and utter moron who thinks that by claiming to be a corporation that he is untouchable.
                  And in that conversation he actually admitted to fraud, so he's ryally screwed.

Comment

Take some deep breaths and be glad that you aren't involved. You did your best to help your former friend, and if he's so insane that he can't even read properly and see that its someone else suing his ass for breach of contract, theft and whatever else he can be sued for, then... well... you're well clear of it at least.

Comment

Three cheers for Seraph.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                        I'm shaking here, I'm so upset. Had sveeral chest pains already over it, just goign to go walk this off.
                        Was anyone else picturing Seraph's old avatar pic of Rapadash-Twilight at Seraph's fury here?
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                          Right. You've gone above and beyond the call of friendship, much less a working relationship, to help this guy. It's time to cut him loose once it caused you physical pain to worry about him. He's definately not worth it at this point.

He's made his bed, and insists on sleeping in it despite you pointing out his house is on fire. Until he stops acting like some spoiled little kid bent on self-destruction, you can't help him any further until he decides to change his ways.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            Was anyone else picturing Seraph's old avatar pic of Rapadash-Twilight at Seraph's fury here?
                            Totally apropos.

Quoth Geek King View Post
                            Right. You've gone above and beyond the call of friendship, much less a working relationship, to help this guy. It's time to cut him loose once it caused you physical pain to worry about him. He's definately not worth it at this point.

He's made his bed, and insists on sleeping in it despite you pointing out his house is on fire. Until he stops acting like some spoiled little kid bent on self-destruction, you can't help him any further until he decides to change his ways.
                            I only had one little tie to him still, and I'm working diligently right now to find a way to sever it.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                              Totally apropos.
                              Your current avvy is still apropos.

"Confound this blasted coder, he's driving me to drink!"
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X