This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone screwed up at corporate!

lol omg. soooooo...when entering the sales for this week, someone at corporate messed up and made everything free. so some lucky customers got some free items. haha. they realized the problem and the sale had to be de-activated. 9,000 items. then had to be re-activated. cvs items were still ringing free after that...so we had to do it again. and finally it worked. this was chain wide. ahaha omg. how does that happen?

and then it turns out there was another "glitch" and no one got paid double time for christmas eve after 6pm. theyre trying to fix it. who knows how long that will take..

tsk tsk

Oh my word. It too bad there's no way for the workplace to fire corporate executives.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Oh my… I cannot imagine how that could happen. (Of course, in the short time I dealt with their systems, I was not impressed...)

(Are you an old Osco/SavOn?)

When I worked Scan Administration for Albertsons Drug Division (Osco/SavOn) we had multiple people checking the sale prices at multiple steps.

I was the Scan Hotline, and I think I may have nightmare tonight over that… imagining all 2000+ stores calling/emailing in…
      "Stop calling in so I can RESEARCH this to figure out how to fix it!"
      I would definitely be calling my manager, crying for help!

Comment

Quoth cattaur View Post
        Oh my… I cannot imagine how that could happen. (Of course, in the short time I dealt with their systems, I was not impressed...)

(Are you an old Osco/SavOn?)

When I worked Scan Administration for Albertsons Drug Division (Osco/SavOn) we had multiple people checking the sale prices at multiple steps.

I was the Scan Hotline, and I think I may have nightmare tonight over that… imagining all 2000+ stores calling/emailing in…
        "Stop calling in so I can RESEARCH this to figure out how to fix it!"
        I would definitely be calling my manager, crying for help!
        other than retail stores before it, my store has been just cvs lol. im pretty sure this was chain wide, and we have over 7000 stores hahaha

Comment

Just keep track of your hours and watch your check. Just because they claim they'll fix it doesn't mean they will.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Just keep track of your hours and watch your check. Just because they claim they'll fix it doesn't mean they will.
            definitely.

Comment

so i guess when we get out paychecks this thursday we will NOT have our xmas double time in there. the next paycheck in two weeks will have it.

the money doesnt really affect me, since i still live at home, but im sure it will screw a lot of other people over

Comment

I'm glad you'll be all right waiting for the extra hours, but I feel for your coworkers who can't. Why can't the business own up to their error and fix it more quickly? The only one this conveniences is your employer, and that isn't right.

Back when I worked fast food, this type of thing happened sometimes, where you were missing overtime or sometimes even a week's worth of pay. They always made up with the next paycheck (with extra taxes taken our because of the extra-large check ), buy why should you have to wait so long for them to fix their mistake? It raises flags with me when your employer isn't willing to cut a separate check and fix things now. Are they having money problems?

Keep track of everything you're owed down to the minute.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

At my store if we were shorted sick pay or holiday pay (for whatever reason) we get a cash payout. Several times that I've gotten a cash payout it's made the difference between paying for my bills and food or no food for 2 weeks.
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

also...the state of CT has messed everyones taxes up this year. i get paid bi-weekly. 5 checks with no state taxes out. call HR, they said i paid enough. riiight

there are other people who have had like entire checks taken for taxes

Comment

One time I made a mistake in fixing my timesheet and pay for a chunk of hours got deferred until the next pay period. However, if I'd gone to HR and said it was going to cause me a problem, he would've been able to do something about it. I didn't because I have an understanding landlord, and it worked out fine.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                      X