This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful weekend

Some of you know I do race support of one sort or another for a mate's amateur racing. Last race of the year (not part of the two series he participates in) was yesterday.

The main series he races in pits MR2 Mk1s against each other with as close to factory specifications as is reasonable. He got the nod after the last race that he'd scored enough wins to gain 'driver of the year', which is the best he can hope for as there is no official championship for this season.

The other series by the same club is for all Japanese production cars to enter, without the whole modification restrictions, so he's mostly in it for fun. It's subdivided into BHP classes, and he does well enough in the lowest class. However, when his car is rated at 123BHP and he's up against people in cars who are up to and sometimes beyond 300BHP, he's got no chance.

Pissed it down before yesterday's race. All that power means nothing if you can't hold it on the track. Qualified fifth, first race podium at third, second race podium for second place.

Good weekend.

Rapscallion

Congrats to your friend.

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    All that power means nothing if you can't hold it on the track.
    This applies even in RC Car's XD. First time I went to the local club I took my offroad car. This thing is an ancient, stock standard one, so the regulars were laughing at it, compared to their upgraded, nitro engined speed things.

Remember this is offroad i.e. dirt?

I set the fastest lap time and won 3 out of 4 races. Simply because I could go full speed all the time, including corners. Where as they had to brake hard then go slow around the corner or risk spinning out/leaving the track.

Guess who was laughing at the end of the day?
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Roughly 10 years ago, I encountered a similar situation.

City street, winter, snow on the ground, hill. I was driving my 81 HP Hyundai, perking along up the hill. Must have embarrassed the Camaro driver in the next lane - tires spinning, fishtailing like crazy, but no forward progress.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
      X