This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I made~!

So, I got a text from my sister a week or so back requesting that I make her a cloak for a Halloween party. She wants to be Little Red Riding Hood.

I sort of knew where this was going, but when we talked about it I gave her a few options. There is the "cute" cloak (only falls to about the butt) then there is the "epic" cloak, meaning that I would be lining it and it would pretty much be a legit cloak that would keep her warm in the winter if she wanted to wear it.

So she replies with, "You know Red from Once Upon a Time? I liked her cloak."

Me, thinking; Called it. Knew she wanted that.

Well, making that cloak would've cost at least ~$200 in just materials, so I told her I'd make her a "Red inspired cloak" instead. Materials came out to be ~$65.00

And here it is! I also totally have a real wolf in these pictures to make it more legit.

Close up so you can see the details of the material:

Totally got wolves:

My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Wolves, heh. Love it. Also, is that you or her? Whichever one of you it is, you are adorable.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Wolves, heh. Love it. Also, is that you or her? Whichever one of you it is, you are adorable.
      That's me, and thanks.

I'm very tempted now to make another one for me, I really loved how the cloak came out.
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

That looked marvellous.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

SQUEAK!That is FREAKING AWESOME!!!! Also, your "wolves" are adorable *pets screen*
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

That is gorgeous! Where'd you find such beautiful fabric?

And your "wolves" are just too cute and huggable.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              That is gorgeous! Where'd you find such beautiful fabric?
              I actually found it at my local JoAnne's Fabric shop. It was in the Halloween fabric section, and it was 50% off so I was like "O_O MINE!" *snatch*

Actually the woman cutting it for me asked what I was going to use it for, and when I answered a big cloak, she was excited because she had the idea to make a cloak out of the material too.

I can tell you it was a PAIN IN THE TUCKUS though. The cloak fabric (the lining was just straight up satin) was made out of a very stretchy material. The walking foot of my sewing machine got a huge workout for this project. I think my favorite part of it though was the hood (though sewing roughly 8 layers of fabric together was a pain) and how I made the chords to tie it.

I took strips from the lining (shiny satin) and cloak material (stretchy, soft) and braided them together before hand stitching them to the inside of the cloak.

Totally works better than the cloak a friend of mine once made, who had used curtain ties. I find that the curtain ties (with the little tassels) tend to not have a lot of grip so it keeps coming untied. Annoying.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                I actually found it at my local JoAnne's Fabric shop. It was in the Halloween fabric section, and it was 50% off so I was like "O_O MINE!" *snatch*
                It does look a bit like the crushed panne, but with a pattern in it. Since my store didn't get any Halloween fabric I'll check other stores tomorrow to see what they've got. I definitely want to make a new costume for next year; if I get started now, I might get it finished in time!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  ... if I get started now, I might get it finished in time!
                  My mother gave my father the same unfinished pair of pajamas for eight years until they were finally done.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                  X