This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pern on Earth

I just found out that I've met and impressed the Lady Holder of Southern Boll Hold, Janissian.

(Told her about "The Man Who Travelled In Elephants", my (and Spider Robinson's) favorite Heinlein).
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Hehe Cool

Btw if you ever get chance to hang out with Todd (as in Todd Mccaffrey ) Do it! He's an absolute blast and hugs very well too! His Mum was fantastic too but I only got to talk to her once and saw a crowded panel with her and Todd just chatting. Never did get the chance to take up the offer she gave my husband to have tea at Dragonhold.
    As soon as I start thinking
    That I'm sensible and sane
    The Random Hedgehog comes along
    And fiddles with my Brain
    (from card I got)

Comment

Cool. Isn't it fun when you get to meet "fictional" people in real life?

I was always rather impressed when I found out one of the techs on my last ship was a character in my favorite John Ringo series.

As for Pern... never met TM but I was at a lovely meeting/lecture about AM's books in DragonCon last year.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        As for Pern... never met TM but I was at a lovely meeting/lecture about AM's books in DragonCon last year.
        At WeyrFest/World of Anne McCaffrey Track? If you saw a tall British chap on staff that's my sisters boyfriend. I don't think I personally got to many panels last years though I did more this year. I do have a habit of hanging out in the Pern room though.
        As soon as I start thinking
        That I'm sensible and sane
        The Random Hedgehog comes along
        And fiddles with my Brain
        (from card I got)

Comment

I don't remember to be honest. I just remember a woman in a wheelchair relating on how the storied affected her.

this was DC 2011 tho. I think it was my second day at the con, so IIRC... I was wearing a Jayne hat and a red Ruger tshirt.

Comment

Weeeel, Janissian has been famous since 1967... Year 0, Pernography Calendar.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
            X