Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one that I WILL recommend as I tried it out tonight, is called VirtuaGym. It's a personal gym. It'll give you options for workouts (I did the beginners home workout ) and the duration of those workouts. On the screen, it'll show you what to do and it'll also count down for you.

I actually did alright with that workout, except I had to stop at one point as my knees almost gave out. But definitely cheaper than a personal trainer
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Imprl59 View Post

Scanner Radio is cool to listen to your local emergency services
      OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

If you get this, go under "favorites" and listen to "Amateur Repeater Los Angeles Area"

It's a bunch of people jacking around on ham radio or something. There's currently a conversation about cooking something. Among the interruptions to this conversation are a guy warbling "LITTLE BOY COCK!" and somebody else making belching noises.

ETA: you can also listen via your computer here. Very much NSFW.
      Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 10-25-2011, 02:21 AM.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Thanks for the tip about the repeaters Irv I plan to listen in on that, since I have scanner radio

I use Pandora, Ubersocial for Twitter, facebook app, google sky maps for fun, an app called desk clock that turns your screen into a digital clock and is customizable. EOnline for entertainment. FM Radio for local stations. Moon Phase.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Apps/games I have on my Droid 2 Global:

Wells Fargo Mobile App (i have 3 personal and 4 biz accounts and am always on-the-go)
          Zedge (Free ringtone/notification tone app, LOTS of cool and funny audio bits/songs/etc)
          Spaghetti & Marshmallows game (I completed all the levels but i am hoping they come out with more)
          Facebook (no-brainer)
          Netflix (Flash player needs to be downloaded first)
          Solitaire
          Ebay & Paypal apps
          WordFeud
          "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

out of milk has hardware control for take pictures & videos, which "allows application to take pictures and video with the camera. This allows the application at any time to collect images the camera is seeing."

yikes! is that standard for many apps? now I'm wondering what else can be accessed on my droid...

is there a way I can keep my data secure on this device? this cell phone is my only access to internet; I don't have a computer. should I install a firewall or something?
            Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story who you choose to be. So who are you? - Kung Fu Panda 2

Comment

Well, this is the problem with using apps.

For them to be useful they tend to need access to fairly high level functionality. If it can take a picture at your command it can take one anytime the app is running. If you want it able to upload/download, well it can upload/download at any time.

So far there have been relatively few really malicious app reports that I have seen (however many of them do have some form of data gathering).

It is nice that you can see exactly what an app does when you install if via the app store, however, there is still a lot of trust involved (mainly, stick to the well known apps, it keeps you a bit safer).

Comment

Working...
              X