Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's hugs from me too. I know what you feel like, I went through it myself, and I hated it.

I now live in Kansas which is far away from my family and friends in Oregon, and am just counting the days while I save money to move back there.

I hope it all works out for you, will be sending kind thoughts your way.
    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

So sorry for your loss.

I hope you are able to find a way out of that situation. Best of luck, and you have my condolences.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I'm sorry about your grandfather. He sounds like a great guy. I hope you have many wonderful memories of him.

I hope everything works out so you can go home. It's hard to be away from family.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm in a similar position. My grandfather is terminally ill right now and I'm 1200 miles away. I still haven't fully come to grips with the fact I will never see him again.

I am fortunate enough to have (albeit barely) the means to return home and attend the memorial.

My mother was the meddler in my family. When my wife and I first got engaged, she was very angry with my wife for wanting to take her little boy all the way to the Southern U.S. (she didn't believe the truth, which was that coming here was MY choice).

She refuses to do anything to get a job, yet complains about having no money and expects my brother and I, who are also of limited means, to help her out.

She has gotten a bit better over time, but there's still tension there. Unfortunately the family dynamics are now going to get a little worse with Gramps going.

My mother and grandmother are oftentimes like oil and water, they just can't tolerate each other for too long. Until now, Gramps has been able to provide a buffer there but with him no longer around, there may be nothing to stop the two of them from making life miserable for each other.

And then there's me, feeling helpless being 1200 miles away and not being able to be more involved in my family's affairs. Like you, I wish I had a way out.
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
          X