X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theft!

It's official. I've been robbed.

I got back home from a racing weekend (last of the year) and noted out of my rear windows that the small cubby hole for my household waste bin was open to the world. It needs to be noted that the local council no longer collects from there, since it requires us to take our rubbish to the kerb for the bin men to take it away. Why was that open?

Investigation this morning reveals theft most foul! I had a large rubbish bag in there full of ... empty tetrapak containers. You know the sort of things you get fruit juice in? They can be recycled and I was collecting them for just that purpose.

Gone. Purloined. Vanished!

There's no monetary value, but I fear I may be just the tip o fthe iceberg in ... empty recyclable theft.

Must alert the newspapers. Tomorrow's headlines will read, "Huh? WTF?"

Rapscallion

At least it was out of your cupboard & you didn't get mugged like this poor lady!

They'll nick anything these days!

If its any consolation though, I had my garden shed broken in to a few years back. They left the garden equipment & kids bikes and stole... the padlock!
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

People steal some odd stuff. O___o
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

With the slow economy (and general thievery) there's been a lot of "useless" things stolen from people's yards - scrap metal, cardboard, etc. all of it I'm willing to bet was brought and sold to local scrap metal and recycling places.

This reminds me, I need to make a run to the scrap metal yard soon, old 16' aluminum ladder has a rusted out foot plus some other items.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I'm sorry. I know how you feel. I once had half a bag of potting soil stolen from my porch.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

So...someone broke in and did a chore for you? You should leave a note out that says "Hey, while you're here there are some dirty dishes in the sink. Thanks."

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              So...someone broke in and did a chore for you? You should leave a note out that says "Hey, while you're here there are some dirty dishes in the sink. Thanks."
              Haha...that's a good way to look at it!
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't clear - this was the most valueless theft I've ever had perpetrated against me.

It's incredible that they did this. There's no value for them whatsoever.

Rapscallion

Comment

They probably stole it to bring to a recycling facility to sell to them? Every trash day I see people rummaging though people's recycling bins to get cans. I think kit's still $0.05 a can so a truckload can add up.
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Nobody pays around here for tetrapak cartons, mate. Used to be able to get some coin for metal cans, but you needed a metric craptonne of cans to make a few quid. For what I lost? No market - they're laminated so they're an arsehole to recycle, and carbon heavy in that process as well.

I currently favour the explanation that they were taken by idiots.

Rapscallion

Comment

I've heard of people stealing cans at the least for some monetary value, but tetrapaks and dog poo?!!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

The logic of the thief...probably "Hey, theres LOADS of these, must mean its valuable!"
                        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

They could have been thinking "I can make a bitching fort out of these"

Comment

Working...
                          X