Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meh, western NY lake effect weather baby here, went trick or treating with snowfall frequently back in the 60s and early 70s. Dress warm, and get lots of candy by teh sympathy effect [oooo poor kids, out in the snow ... ]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Ugh. It is nasty out right now but no snow yet (not quite cold enough but getting close).
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Little Bits left this morning to go with her boyfriend to Fairmont, WV for a campus visit at FSU and she sent me a text that they had ran into snow. Thank goodness her boyfriend's Dad is with them and driving

Comment

My first year that i lived in Pennsylvania had snow on Halloween. It wasn't a good sign for the rest of the winter there.

Comment

Quoth Iseeyouthere View Post
            Instead of cursing it... use it to your advantage!

Like Snowballs with red dye in them.
            Or Snowmen with pumpkin heads.
            Me likes.

Comment

Apparently it hasnt snowed in my part of Pennsylvania (we're near Maryland) in October since 1972. I was born in 1983, hence my confusion and utter distaste for the white stuff flying outside of my window.

Comment

I take back my previous post. It started snowing shortly after I posted it.

My coworker is getting married today, too...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

20 years ago we had the famous Halloween blizzard. 13 inches of snow fell here, and 2 feet fell in the twin cities metro area.

I was in my first year at the University. I walked from my dorm to the 8 am class. 3 people showed up. The class went on. I then went to my 9 am class, and the professor showed up and asked why was I here. The University canceled classes before 8. I wasn't happy, and went back to the dorms to relax and play video games the rest of the day with my roomie.
                  "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

10-15" of the stuff.

I expect work to be flying busy tonight. If they can't stay out during a hurricane, then they can't stay out during the actual storm. Sigh.
                    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I hope I don't get stuck with...

100 popcorn balls. The dollar coins I can live with, but not the yummy, crunchy, stick-to-your-teeth snackies. I'm in the southern tier of NY, and we're supposed to be getting 3 in. Blech!

Comment

I grew up in the interior of BC - all us kids had our halloween costumes designed to fit over snowsuits! We *ALWAYS* had snow before halloween, without fail.
                        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

CT here, just a dusting so far, and it looks like its slowing down.

People are freaking out though, like they always do for the first storm. As long as we don't lose power I am okay. I'm just bummed I had to turn my heat on.
                          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

You all have my deepest, deepest sympathies. I hope you are still able to keep all of your plans.

Snow seems to always show up whenever there's something special or fun going on, and it ruins everything.

Be careful, and rest assured, within a month or less (most likely less at the rate we're going, we already had a mix Thursday) I will be bitching and moaning about our weekly 6-12 inch dumpings, or daily inch or so dumpings.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Fuggit. Imma go to the BIG PARTAY! tonight. Even in DA SNO! - is SO worth it.

There's gonna be drag queens.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat
                                Fuggit. Imma go to the BIG PARTAY! tonight. Even in DA SNO! - is SO worth it.

There's gonna be drag queens.
                                Jealous! :P
                                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                                X