This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Candy thread

OK. So who's giving out what kinds of goodies tonight?

I'll lead. One of the outlet stores for World's Finest Chocolate is not out of my way. When the coupons on their fundraising bars expire, the outlet stores unload these treats for as little as 2 for $0.25. Needless to say, I stocked up over the summer.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

That would take a long time to write out. I get a TON of candy, and go for a wide variety. Some years I have had hundreds of dollars worth, this year I think it was a lot less..and cheaper candy over all (sweet tarts, candy corn, etc). Funds was tight.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I have not gotten trick-or-treaters in the 4 years I've been here, so I'm not expecting any. I do have fun-size Starbursts should anyone show up, but I bought those for myself.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You mean what do we have left after my SO opened all the bags and filled the bowl yesterday?
        Butterfinger assortment
        Three Muskateers bars
        Twiks
        Thanks for reminding me though - we also have plastic skull rings leftover from last year - I'll have to figure out where I stashed those.

Comment

Only a couple of kids stopped by last year so I decided not to bother with handing out candy this year.
          I made treat bags for the kids that stop by at work (I'm an assistant librarian in a small library). I fixed up thirty bags and by the time I left on Friday (an hour and a half before close) we were down to twenty-one. I'd been giving them out since Tuesday.
          They had fun-sized Butterfinger, Crunch Bars, 3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Starburst, two Tootsie Rolls, two Dum Dum Pops, glow-in-the-dark stickers, laser stickers, skull rings, spider/bat rings, bookmarks, and they got to choose a temporary tattoo.

Comment

Nada. I live out in the sticks. I don't think there's anyone of trick or treating age within a mile of this house.

(Yes, Food Lady, I moved.)
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We had a lot of trick or treaters last year so I got a wide assortment of candy this year. All fun-sized.

Hershey bars
              Twix
              Snickers
              Milk Duds
              Whoppers
              3 Musketeers
              Kit-kats
              M&Ms
              Skittles
              Milky Way

There might be more.

Any that we don't pass out, we hand out to our gaming group over the next few weeks.

Comment

No trick or treaters here so far but I have fun sized Milky Way bars. Milky Way also just so happens to be one of my favorites, so no harm if it stays here...well, other than harm to my waistline lol!
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

In the six years I've lived in this house, we only had trick-or-treaters (maybe eight?) the first year. There are kids around here, I just don't know where they go. Although I'm generally fine with that, as I don't want the two feral children from next door coming here.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I usually dont hand out candy since Im out trick or treating with the kids. But daughter sparked a sinus infection and we stayed @ Grandmas house handing out snickers, Dots, dum dum, tootsie rolls, smarties......kit kats maybe? I forget what else. There werent that many kids though.

Comment

We don't get Trick or Treaters around here. In fact, when I took the dog outside a little bit ago, the street was unusually quiet. (I live on a busy street. It's never quiet.)
                      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Hmm not many showed this year .. wonder why..my house is normally very popular. Got maybe 30 this year, and even with only spending about $50 have a ton of candy left over. Gonna take a year just to finish all this.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

My mom was giving out Cheez-Its (she got a box of snack-size bags at Sam's Club). In past years she's done pretzels and chocolate chip cookies. It's only the last few years they've really gotten enough kids to bother getting anything. She used to just haul out her change jar and give the kids a small assortment of coins. It cost her less than buying candy would have.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ever since we moved out here, we haven't gotten any trick-or-treaters. Our house is the only one on our street (which is more a dirt road than anything), and our nearest neighbors have no kidlets, thus no one to give out candy to. I was worried, though, because we usually get one bag of candy for just-in-case purposes, but we didn't do that this year. I was afraid that would jinx it. So far, it's quiet.
                            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

It is a sign of the zombie apocalypse. Everybody is hiding or being turned now. I haven't seen a single trick or treater all day. I live near a grade school so I should have seen something by now.
                              A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
                              Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                              X