This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so in on this one.

I'll get back with who and what later tonight.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I kinda wanna do a troll person.

I'd just need to know what kind of troll we'd be dealing with. Are they going to be like the ones out of Scandanavian myth, or like the ones in Discworld (made of metamorphorical rock), what kinds of abilities would they have (like supernatural healing factor), etc.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

The ones I am most familiar with are the AD&D version. Big, regeneration, strong, tough hide. Can regenerate from just about anything unless fire or acid is involved. Talking green with warty hides and such. Your human form would be a bit on the big side also.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Hoping I can get some time to sketch tonight before bed. This weekend is Really Big Craft Show after all.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
            The ones I am most familiar with are the AD&D version. Big, regeneration, strong, tough hide. Can regenerate from just about anything unless fire or acid is involved. Talking green with warty hides and such. Your human form would be a bit on the big side also.
            I figured "big human" would be a part of the whole thing.

Name: Ulric "Rick" Angstrom
            Human Description: Rick's never someone who was able to blend into a crowd, even at a young age. Of course, when you're standing at least head and shoulders (if not taller) over everyone else, it's hard to do that. Standing a good 6-foot-8-inches tall and very broad in the chest and shoulders, Rick is also built like the proverbial brick shithouse. His build, however, is not simply "gym muscle," but there's decent bulk there as well. In short, his muscles just look big, without being chiseled definition or all veiny like a steroid user. His head is shaved, but he's grown out a fairly thick and long beard, dark in color. In terms of demeanor, he's actually a fairly calm person, and actively works to keep his temper under control. Only reasonable, considering he stands a chance of literally "Hulking out" if he does. (His flashes of "temper" that he shows in his occupation is just very good acting.)
            Occupation: Pro Wrestler (Ring Name: "The Viking Berserker" Tor Magnusson)
            Monster Form: Being troll-kin, when Rick "Hulks out," he gets bigger. Typically that's at least a foot taller, and the size increase is not just in height, as his whole body basically scales up. His skin also shades towards a mottled greenish-brown hue, as warts sprout along his head and shoulders. While Rick can take his troll form at will, it also has a tendency to come out if he gets too stressed or angry.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Name : Arisa Holt
              Human Description: Petite and slender with blonde hair and green eyes. Former gymnast. Fairly snarky, though she hides it well when necessary.
              Monster Form: Can shapeshift into a bat. Hybrid form includes enhanced senses, pronounced fangs, and golden eyes. Adept at stealth and striking quickly from the shadows.
              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Gonna get this part done now and work on cleaning up my drawing after this weekend.

Name : Sunny "Sunfire" Aniwayha
                Human Description: Blond hair and blue eyes, Sunny looks like a typical teenage girl. She has the graceful physique of a gymnast and it's gotten her out of tight spots before. She was found as a young child and raised by the Aniwayha's. She is unaware if she has any other family or if they even know she is alive. (leave that up to Myt if he wants to do something with that.)
                Monster Form: Lithe golden-brown furred werewolf
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

How does this sound:

Name: Reggie Tinkerson

Human Description: Reggie is a slender, pale young man, with dark hair and eyes. He has delicate but strong hands. He shys away from relationships, but is a knowledgeable conversationalist. Although he spends many evenings pursuing the night life, he does not imbibe alcoholic beverages.

Occupation: Reggie is a mechanic. He is able to diagnose and repair almost any machine.

Age: 23 at the time he became a zombie, after which he has not aged. True age is unknown.

Monster Form: Zombie. Reggie becomes a zombie between midnight and dawn, but can assume the form at will other times. He is immune to death, since he is already dead, and impervious to damage. In zombie form, he is single mindedly focused on the task at hand. In zombie form, he is attracted to and sensitive to rum, which distracts him from the task at hand for a brief time.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Name : Beset "Bes" Al-Alawi
                    Human Description: Bes is a slender young woman with features as classically Egyptian as her name. Dark wavy hair, wide set pale brown eyes, wide mouth, and a strong nose, with a swarthy complexion and long-limbs.
                    Occupation : She works as an aide at the local emergency clinic, taking mostly night shifts, but willing to work any shift that needs the staff.
                    Monster Form: Mummy - She can use her bandages to heal (herself and others), but she has to completely encase the target. If she herself is completely wrapped, the bandages also act as a form of protective barrier.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ok this is going to be great . Got a lot more interest then I thought on this one *laughs*. Will cover a few things. Jedimaster..I assume that you are a vampire correct? Cool, you will also have a humanoid monster form, and eventually will also add a pure wolf form and mist form (forms associated with a vampire) though those will come later.

Ironclad remember the zombies main weakness..damage to the head. Oh and you have a very special talent..you can remove your hands and control them even separated from your body. Everybody also remember that your human form is just that human..any of you are vulnerable as a human.

Lets see..what else before I post the first post for the actual game...

Andara do not forget you have tremendous strength (mummies are known for being incredibly strong) and in mummy form you can transform into sand (you can travel through very small spaces) and reform yourself at will.
                      Last edited by Mytical; 10-18-2012, 05:07 AM.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...44#post1089144

Sorry, a bit cheesy I know..wanted a spooky atmosphere. *laughs* This is a good time to introduce your character, let people know a little about your life..what preparations (if any) you might make, reluctance, etc. Yes..you will be working with some of the legends..some of which your characters will at least be distantly related to *laughs*.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                          Andara do not forget you have tremendous strength (mummies are known for being incredibly strong) and in mummy form you can transform into sand (you can travel through very small spaces) and reform yourself at will.
                          Fun. I'm Sandman with ancient Egyptian bandage chic.

^-.-^

Comment

Name : Fiona Blum

Human Description: Lithe, average height. Pale. A few piercings and scattered tattoos. Hair in "dreads". Each one is wrapped in cloth. No one is entirely sure what is under them...
                            She is generally quiet and calm. She is always sipping some kind of tea.

Occupation : Just finished her piercing apprenticeship at the local tattoo parlour

Monster Form: Gorgon - When she is angered, the cloth wraps fall off (thank goodness for modern day velcro) and reveal dozens of emerald green snakes poised for attack. Though she lost control of them a time or 12 when she was younger, now, she can, for the most part, control her snakes. In the times of great stress, her normally green eyes change to a vivid green to match her babies. Since she is young, her powers haven't reached their peak yet. Humans, she can turn to stone. More powerful monsters, it's more like temporary paralysis.
                            Last edited by WoodenSunshine; 10-18-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

As my first forum RPG, I have a few questions.

How often should I post a reply in the game?

What time of day should I post a reply?

Should my postings be a first or third person perspective, or my choice?

I'm guessing the outcomes of some of my character's actions in the game will be determined by the GM.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

How often should I post a reply in the game? As often as the spirit moves you. If you have something to add, by all means.

What time of day should I post a reply? Since this is a forum game, it really doesn't matter. There is no pressure, post when the spirit moves you.

Should my postings be a first or third person perspective, or my choice? First person is preferred, but yes your choice.

I'm guessing the outcomes of some of my character's actions in the game will be determined by the GM. Some yes, but I do a bit more freeform then some, so I will let some thing slide

For instance : You are in a confrontation with 'support characters' (Ie think the throw away characters in movies that the bad guys hire to kill the good guys)..I am not going to go crazy if you post the reactions of your actions. Just don't include other players characters. Now against mid level or the main bad guy...things tighten up a bit.
                                Last edited by Mytical; 10-18-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X