This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st shift attendant forgot to send faculty/staff to other lots

This incident happened earlier this week.

The first shift attendant & I both work as contract visitor parking attendants at a university. The existing visitor parking garage is currently being rennovated. The first level of the faculty/staff garage is being used for visitor parking. There are 52 parking spots in visitor parking. On Wednesday there was a big event on my shift. The parking office is over that garage. Earlier this week the first shift attendant was verbally told by the parking office to not let any faculty/staff parking in visitor parking. For the day of the event he forgot that the parking office told him that, & he let some staff members park. The parking office found out what happened, & e-mailed our immediate supervisor, who is currently on vacation. He was not very happy, & so he called the first shift attendant after he got home, & informed him that the parking office had contacted him regarding this.

Only 10 people showed up for the event.

Shouldn't the "not let anyone park" think have been noted in the Outlook calendar?

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

And how far in advance was this relayed? Was the first shift attendant taking these instructions while helping someone at the booth and someone else at the exit gate? I agree, such postings should be in writing. And frankly, your coworker should've been copied on the email so he/she had a chance to defend themselves instead of getting blindsided by it.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Shouldn't the "not let anyone park" think have been noted in the Outlook calendar?

^-.-^
        It should be, but it was not. That way the first shift attendant can print it out.

Comment

Working...
        X