This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poor car

Yesterday, my agency was looking for nurses for a last minute assignment to run a flu clinic today. Not a big deal, except that the clinic is being held in a town almost 300 miles away. I ended up going since they were offering rooms, mileage and a small bonus.

My poor car seems to be taking it harder than I am, though. I made it all the way down here with no problems - except the steep inclines. My car, she is not a muscle car. . However, once I got back in the car after checking in at the motel, I put her in reverse and she coughed and died. Started back up, but ran a little rough for a moment.

I'm hoping that it had more to do with the fact that she had been going pretty hard for 5 hours, and then only had a 10 minute break before being started again. I really don't want to be stuck here and I don't have the funds for a major repair.

Is there an elevation difference? That can make a difference.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yeah, there is. Car started up and ran fine today. Would have made it home, except for the traveler's tummy. :-(. Tried like the dickens to make it, but 90 miles out I ended up having to pull off.

Comment

Yeah, when my family took a trip out to the Southwest-- from Dallas through west Texas, up to Colorado, back down through New Mexico and back home-- our minivan tried to die on us going up the mountains.

Granted, the van was a lemon, but it ran fine when we got it back home.

That trip was a good idea in theory, but in practice it went wrong, between the car, both Mom and I coming down with some bug while we were in NM, and other minor things I can't remember.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Just a quick update - home safe and sound. Car didn't have any issues other than that one when I arrived in Medford. I kinda freaked out about nothing.

Comment

Working...
          X