This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
    We had two longhairs whose coats were pretty different, or maybe it was their grooming habits that were different. Digger groomed himself thoroughly and also liked it when we brushed him. Widget hates being brushed and she also can't be bothered to groom her own fur. Digger very rarely had mats but Widget gets them all the time.

Why is it that the ones that GET mats are the ones that refuse to be brushed, and the ones that DON'T get mats are the ones that would let you brush them bald if you wanted to?

Comment

Quoth sevendaysky View Post
      Why is it that the ones that GET mats are the ones that refuse to be brushed, and the ones that DON'T get mats are the ones that would let you brush them bald if you wanted to?
      Because you've got the dependent and independent variables reversed - the ones that enjoy being brushed get brushed a lot, so they don't get mats. The ones that refuse to be brushed don't get brushed, so they get mats.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

We had two longhairs whose coats were pretty different, or maybe it was their grooming habits that were different. Digger groomed himself thoroughly and also liked it when we brushed him. Widget hates being brushed and she also can't be bothered to groom her own fur. Digger very rarely had mats but Widget gets them all the time.
        My sister has 3 cats. The oldest one Gritty can't or won't groom himself so he gets lots of mats. My brother in law tries to keep Gritty's fur as unmatted as possible by trimming them when he can but it seems to be a lost cause. Cause Gritty appaently doesn't like getting the mats trimmed.
        Moe and Brak take care of their own fur. I may help that neither of them have fur as long as Gritty.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
          And both seem only moderately interested in catnip. What will I do at Christmas??
          Pounce cat treats. Our last cat went stupid over them. He'd go up to the shelf where the can was and yowl when he wanted one. Frequently, that is. The smell is *horrendous*, which is probably part of the appeal, cats being cats. Might be worth a try, anyway. Furbabies must have Christmas treats. I have to remember to pick up a bag of pig's ears for mine, that's HER holiday treat.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Our sometimes go crazy for Pounce and sometimes won't have anything to do with them. Weirdos.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Mine will only eat dry kibble food. I've tried just about every soft food at one point or another over the years, even the really expensive stuff that you can actually see the pulled bits of chicken or whatnot in it, and she'll let it rot before looking at it twice. Funny thing is, she loves little bits off of chicken or lunch meat I'm eating as a treat. Even the vet I take her to thinks that's a little wierd.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

We had two longhairs whose coats were pretty different, or maybe it was their grooming habits that were different.
                4 cats, 4 distinctly different fur types. A silky flowing longhair, a wispy longhair, a smooth, almost oily shorthair and his coarse furred shorthair brother.

Quoth sevendaysky View Post
                Of course you can guess which of the abovenamed goes into transports of joy when the brush comes out, and which either passively resist or get a little nippy.
                "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Working...
                X