This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made UPS guy laugh - Paycheck fight!

UPS guy came in. Other MOD was working the Front Desk and was signing for our stuff - a box, and an envelope with our paychecks. I came out of the back office. I tried to grab the envelope.

Other MOD swiped the envelope away before I even made it to the desk. "No!"
    I lunged at MOD. "Give me my damn money!"
    Other MOD spun around and dodged my attack. "No! It's my money now!"
    I chased Other MOD around the office for several minutes trying to snatch the envelope.

Other MOD (to the UPS guy): "I bet you never want to come in here again on Thursdays now that you know what you're carrying!"

Other MOD then looked at the box. "It says for the Motel GM. You're the GM today. It's your problem now!" *thrusts box at me*

UPS guy was laughing so hard. It made UPS guy's day. He was having a bad day because whoever loaded his truck messed it all up. He was just all

(What's funny is neither MOD nor myself actually get checks...we both have direct deposit. It's just an excuse for us to squabble over something. )
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 10-06-2011, 04:49 PM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Can I come work with you guys for a few days? It's gotten rather annoyingly political at my work lately, and I could use some fun in my workday.

I have 47 different recipes for brownies, if that's any inducement?
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
      With the proper amount of "appetite stimulant" *any* recipe is GREAT!
      [/T. Tiger]
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post

Ooooooh :drool: What would it take to talk you into sharing some of those? I've been looking for a really good brownie recipe for a while.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          With the proper amount of "appetite stimulant" *any* recipe is GREAT!
          [/T. Tiger]
          Quoth Kittish View Post
          Ooooooh :drool: What would it take to talk you into sharing some of those? I've been looking for a really good brownie recipe for a while.
          Not a brownie, but:

Igor Bars --WARNING: May kill diabetics and send children into a sugar rush just by being in the same room.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            Igor Bars --WARNING: May kill diabetics and send children into a sugar rush just by being in the same room.
            OMG!

I am SOOOO gonna have to make these.... Holy mother of....

*bounces away like a Tigger!!*
            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Geek King

Not a brownie, but:

*squeezes eyes shut* I think you raised my BS levels just by reading the recipe.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                Not a brownie, but:

I feel the need for a shot of my insulin
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                  Ooh, sorry, I spaced on checking my posts. Here's one that I've had some success with:

Banana Brownies

1/2 cup butter
                  2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
                  1 large egg
                  2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
                  1 small ripe banana, mashed
                  1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
                  1/4 teaspoon salt
                  3/4 cup all-purpose flour

Directions

Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan.
                  Melt butter in sauce pan over medium-low heat. Remove from heat, add chips, and stir until melted. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
                  Lightly beat the egg in a medium bowl. Stir in the brown sugar, banana, vanilla, and salt. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the banana mixture, and stir until well combined. Add the flour, stirring just until incorporated. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
                  Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs, about 30 minutes. Don't over bake. Remove, and cool pan on wire rack before cutting.

This one also works well if you pile some mini marshmallows on them when they're almost baked, but don't be too generous with the marshmallows - you'll be eating your brownies with a spoon. Though that may be because I also poured some marshmallow creme over them when they were done. Brownies with extra sticky.
                  What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                  X