This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The F Word

So, what to do if a mega-conglomerate sends you a 'cease and desist' letter? Write them back, of course! Just make sure it's as awesome as this one:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...starbucks.html

(But I really want a Starbuck-McDonalds-Coca Cola-Marlboro Honey Lager now...)
    Last edited by KatherineB; 01-01-2014, 05:53 AM.
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Another case of a company defending its trademark... enough small companies get away with it and Starbucks would lose the trademark on the their products.... there is a reason "asprin" is no longer a trademarked name in the US, and that the Band-Aid commercial was changed to "stuck on Band-Aid brand" a few years back.

So companies either risk their trademarks or get branded as bullies, and lose either way.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Yeah, it's kind of a no-win. I used to work for one of the big-name apparel manufacturers and got to see a little of the corporation's side.

In reality, they don't really want to go after the little guys but when it hits court, they basically would have to explain why they're going after this guy but didn't go after that guy. So to protect themselves they just go after everyone equally.
      My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Working...
      X