This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd streets

So whilst waiting for my bus to turn up the other night and trying to find a good chippie, I ended up here

*Street naming courtesy of U2
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

o/^ I went through the city on the street with no name, it felt good to get chips all the same...

Comment

My kids don't understand why Mom and Dad snicker every time we drive past Dick Hagler Lane.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Sadly demised but there used to be a pub near me called Nowhere Inn Particular.
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

I'm a little annoyed that where I live they have a road, but it's spelled wrong.

It's spelled Red Fox Dr.

It should be spelled Redd Foxx Dr.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I saw a (now defunct) pawn shop in Salisbury, NC, that was called PMS. It had a drawing of a gun on the sign out front.
            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Cute. I haven't seen anything quite that funny here, but we do have a Line Drive tucked into my local shopping center.

Comment

There is a Street Road north of Philadelphia.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Greensboro has Boulevard Road and Boulevard Way.
                  This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

In my area, we have intersections such as Klingon & Romulan, Disk & Data Drives, or Sunrise & Sunset.
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                      Nowhere Inn Particular.
                      Actually, it sounds more like it should be the name of their craft brew. The bar is called the Nowhere Inn, and their signature brew is the Nowhere Inn Particular.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Pittsburgh's Dormont suburb has Gaylord Avenue. You can imagine all the jokes about that
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          Pittsburgh's Dormont suburb has Gaylord Avenue. You can imagine all the jokes about that
                          The Elementary School I went to was on 'Gay Street'.
                          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
                          X