This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greedy Jerk!

This man brings his mother to the ER and when we get him to sign the consents he starts marking things out like "The doctors are independent contractors and will bill seperately for their sevrvices. The hospital isn't responsible for their actions (not exactly as worded but you get the idea)" He says if the hospital won't bill for them then we won't pay.. ok buddy. He also marks out the part of the consent that says if you don't pay you get turned over to a collection agency. So the person that registered him told the dept head about it.

Yeasterday he came up to the arena and started yelling at my boss (who isn't over the ER) He says that the hospital is trying to take his "sizeable inhearitance". Greedy little bastard!! After he said that all concern for him went out the window. If he phrased it differently and nobody would have thought much of it but came out and said it. He claims he took the papers to a lawyer and the lawyer said that the hospital could take all his money... bs.. it took months for them to draw up our new concents.

We couldn't register patients at desk one because this asshole was yelling, he couldn't talk like a normal person. Every time the director of the department tried tried to speak he'd yell at her and interrupt her. I can see how he didn't want the hospital taking all her $$ but it's a service and we all have to pay for it. End of life care is a hard thing to deal with and if you're going about talking about money due to you, you probably don't diserve it.

Why did he come to us? Because he wanted to yell at us and the CEO alredy dismissed him.

That is very upsetting. I really hope Vulture Boy's poor mother wasn't aware of what was going on.

Until she's gone, it's not "his inheritance" it's "Mom's money." And right now Mom is spending HER money on medical care which she NEEDS.

Am I wrong to hope his inheritance gets tied up in probate for years after she dies or left it all to her cats?
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

No, I'm with you. It's not his inheritance until she - is - actually - dead. Until then, it's her cash to do with as she pleases, and hospital/doctor fees sounds like a pretty good thing to spend it on, if required.

Comment

Wow, when I worked at a hospital Mr Sizeable Inheritance would have met the very nice security officers after, oh, 2 or 3 screamed words escaped his pointless gob.

I'm with Dips - except I hope she leaves it someone else's cats instead.
        Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

That's just freakin' terrible! I too hope that his inheiritance isn't his after all. I read a couple stories recently about some elderly people being found in terrible conditions at home - not washed, not fed, no medicine, because they were living with a child that refused to spend their parents money to help them because it was going to be their money and they wanted it. Those people are now in jail for elderly abuse. They will be tied up for awhile answering charges and spending money on a lawyer to try to straighten all the mess out.
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

here's to hoping that inheritance finds its way to the aspca, instead of asshat boy. wow, deny mom medical care because it 'will cut into his inheritance?'

sorry ass.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

What a jerk! I hope she decides to take a nice long vacation & spends all of her money. They he won't get a cent.
              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

My parents (who are both in their fifties and in good health), have quite a bit of money, because my Dad worked his ass off. He's thinking of retiring soon, and I hope he enjoys his money and has fun with it. If I don't get a dime of it, that would be fine by me.

Comment

That's very sad.

I recall, exactly one month almost to the day after my husband's mother passed away, some of his brothers and sisters started whining about inheritances.
                  Ummm...she was in a nursing home for a couple of years...how much inheritance could there be?

I asked my husband if one month was the respectable waiting period before one starts getting greedy and antsy about what got left in the will.

For me, I would rather have one more day with my loved one than any amount of money.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I agree, he's a jerk, and the second time he interruped to yell some more, he would've gotten a free ride in a police car to someplace off the property.

Sad how attached some folks are to money, and how much they'll fight you for a penny, just because they they'll have one more penny than they did before. I really like that last line from Fargo, "And for what? Just a little bit of money, and it's a beautiful day."
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                      I recall, exactly one month almost to the day after my husband's mother passed away, some of his brothers and sisters started whining about inheritances. Ummm...she was in a nursing home for a couple of years...how much inheritance could there be?
                      Nursing care isn't cheap. Some of those homes are pretty damn expensive--the monthly fees are more than my monthly mortgage payment

Because of that, my family has been trying to keep my grandmother out of one. She did move to a small apartment 2 months ago, even though her house hasn't sold yet. It's not about the money at all. Why should she be in a home, when she's still independent?

My feeling about this: As long as she can take care of herself, I can't see a need to put her in a home. It's becoming difficult, since her eyesight is failing and there are some things she cannot do. However, she's in nearly perfect health. I've been helping her out around the house, and taking care of her bills, car, and other things.

Even so, some relatives are worrying about what she'll leave them...even though if the house is sold, that cash is *not* going anywhere--it's getting put into a trust, and will be use to pay for Grandma's care. Keep in mind that the *majority* of these people do *not* visit her on a regular basis...and Grandma has commented on this. She's not too happy about it.

An inheritance is a *privilege* and not a *right.* Simply because your relatives were well off does *not* mean that they owe you a damn thing.
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

*update*

My boss informed him that we spoke with the lawyers and if he decided to mark anything out of a future consent, we'll refuse treatment.

Today the greedy jerk's mom came in, of course he came in with a little breifcase (must be trying to be offical, but made me laugh). When it came time to sign the consents he told his mother, "these are the forms I was telling you about, don't sign them". His mother ignored him and asked where to inital and sign, completely ignoring her idiot son. It make him mad, but he looked like a jackass.

It seemed like she was a bit tired of him and his "holy war on the evil hospital", because she said, " (name) Will you please be quiet and let me talk to the lady or I'll leave you at home next time"...

Comment

Quoth 0oAmericanGirl View Post
                          *update*
                          It seemed like she was a bit tired of him and his "holy war on the evil hospital", because she said, " (name) Will you please be quiet and let me talk to the lady or I'll leave you at home next time"...
                          Yay!! Good for her!

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                            Am I wrong to hope his inheritance gets tied up in probate for years after she dies or left it all to her cats?
                            Just the other day I was reading an old magazine--December, 1961, to be precise. (Why? My friend's father had been featured in an article in it, and he had shown me said article, and I found it fascinating to peruse the rest of the 45 year old mag.)

And within said magazine was a cartoon that was hilarious and that pertains to this. In it, two people are talking, and there are several cats everywhere in the frame. And the one guy is saying to the other: "I put up with her cats for all these years because of the will. Guess what she left me???"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Kudoes to the mother! Too bad sonny can't be more like her.
                              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Working...
                              X