This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Impossible quest

Of finding webcam drivers, found my disc broken so I turned to the internet, MY webcam is a Chicony Panda 6B/DC5112/Icam5112 and I have looked, everywhere! I can find drivers for any other of their webcams except for the one I damned well need, it's really gotten me annoyed.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Oh, even my google-fu fails me. What has CNET told you?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Absoloutley nothing, I got the closest I could of a very similar model (5110) but still didn't work, trying to avoid getting a new one as I don't really have the money for it.

I even went on driver guide and found the 5110 drivers but nothing else

Really annoys me since I can pretty much find every driver for every camera except the one I have.

Comment

To be honest, I've never heard of that make and model. Where did you buy it?
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Can't remember, http://www.chicony.com.tw/products/PCC/panda6B.htm is the site for it no drivers on it there either, the only difference is mine has i.t.works written on it, goggling for that gives nothing either.

Comment

Without more info, I can't really help. The link you provided doesn't exactly give a model number.

Try this website.
            http://www.driverguide.com/
            It lists a few Panda drivers but I'm not sure if one of them are it. Just scroll to the bottom and click "Other devices" and look up the manufacturing company. Go from there.
            Last edited by Evil Queen; 01-21-2009, 11:48 PM. Reason: ...I forgot the site link, okay?!

Comment

Which Website? You didn't give a link, and http://www.chicony.de/html/panda_6.html is as much as I know fr the model number, the Icam 5110 drivers came us as DC-5110 so assumedly the 5112 is the same

Comment

I edited the post and added it.

I'm a ditz.

Comment

Can you afford to call Germany? Found the email addy: info@chicony.de

Europe
                  Chicony Electronics GmbH
                  Oehleckerring 6B, 22419 Hamburg, Germany
                  Tel.: 49-40-514400-0
                  Fax : 49-40-512932

I found a site, but it's based in Poland, so I'm a little squicked about it.
                  Last edited by wagegoth; 01-23-2009, 12:26 AM.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Hmm... try finding your Hardware ID (not sure how to in windows, mac/unix you can use lspci), then find a driver for that
                    Otaku

Comment

If you find your usb device and vendor ID like prb says we might be able to get different names of camera you can try to get drivers for... many times chinese cameras are made by a single maker and branded by the vendors, they all should be compatible with eachother's drivers
                      I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
                      X