X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More fun with hay (long)

when will it end.

As mentioned before the pony feed place in our yard closed months ago. Yesterday I took a call from a call from a grumpy old man wanting to buy hay. I politely informed him that we do not sell hay, never have and that he had the wrong business and the one he did want had now closed. End of the matter you'd think.

Today he turns up at my shop. Key protaganists are

Me - me (owner)
    Grumpy old Man - GOM
    Emma - 21 year old employee/co worker/manager/friend

me- Good morning sir, how can I help
    GOM - did I speak to you yesterday?
    Me- more than likely. I am here 7 days a week
    GOM - well I'm going to make a complaint about you. I want to speak to the manager! You lied to me about the hay.
    Me - Sir, as I told you.....
    GOM - Shut up girl and get me the Manager!

Toddle of to the magical 'backroom' inform Ems of the background and she agrees to go out and humour the guy.

Emma - I understand your have a problem sir
    GOM - That girl lied and said you don't sell hay. I've been looking around in that shed out the back and there is a huge stack of it.
    Emma - that is not our hay. It belongs to the lady who rents the paddock behind us. That shed is actually private property and you should be in there anyway.
    GOM - I don't care. She lied to me!!!! (angry fist shaking) I want you to deal with her (pointing to me) and sell me some hay seeing she won't
    Emma - As I said it is not our hay, I can't sell it to you. That would be stealing
    GOM - well I want her fired!!! (meaning me) I will be calling the owner of this company and letting him know. (more mind less ranting ......)
    Me - (watching from the sidelines stifling my laughter) well let me know how you get on with that. I own this company. Emma is my employee and you have been trespassing on private property. Now get out of my shop before I lose it with you.
    GOM -well i'm just going to take some then
    Me - you do that. The lady it belongs to is married to the Head Detective of the local police and we have your cars number plate.
    GOM -I'm going to....
    Me - I don't care. Get out. Now.
    Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

That guy seriously needed to be beaten with a clue-by-four!

I hope you called the folks who owned the hay and warned them about GOM. It would serve him right to get arrested for stealing hay!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I know. They lose all sense and reason. I never have any problems with my customers. Just there ones
      Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Comment

Quoth portia911 View Post
        Me - (watching from the sidelines stifling my laughter) well let me know how you get on with that. I own this company. Emma is my employee and you have been trespassing on private property. Now get out of my shop before I lose it with you.
        Can you say "pwned," boys and girls?
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I love telling arse goblins like that to get bent. It's alll good fun

Comment

Ah... to own a business.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Ah... to own a business.
              I am totally owned by the bank and inland revenue, but at least I don't have to put up with anyone I don't want to

Comment

I love CS logic: "Fire her because I'm a moron!"
                "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                X