This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hunting...and I need my toner!!

I'm not sure if this is a suck, or a brain burp...I'm not really sure what the hell this is.

Amongst my plethora of other jobs, I've worked as a sales associate/receptionist/general fall guy (or girl, as the case would have it) at a dealer for Xerox and HP printers and products.

In Florida, mind you.

As I was sitting at my desk one day, working hard (on Neopets, of course), I got a call from Mr. I Need It Now (who we'll call Needy for short).

So, the call goes something like this:

Me: *Rehearsed greeting*
    Needy: Hi, Moxi, this is Mr. Needy, and I ordered some - *static* - in yet?
    Me: I'm sorry, Needy, but could you repeat that? You're breaking up a bit.
    Needy: I ordered toner. Is it in - *static*
    Me: No, sir, you placed that order with us two days ago, so it'll be another four days or so -
    Needy: Oh, that's all right, I thought maybe Bossman could - *static*
    Me: ...Needy, you're really breaking up. Are you calling from a cellular?
    Needy: Oh, yeah, I'm calling from Colorado.
    Me: Colorado? What're you doing in Colorado? (Why do I ask these things?)
    Needy: Hunting. I'm calling- *static* stand.
    Me: ...Needy, did you just say you're calling from a deer stand in Colorado?
    Needy: Yep. We're here for the week.

...Now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that -maybe- he intended to have someone else pick up the toner.

But calling from a deer stand in Colorado? Really? Really??

Hunting must be the dullest activity known to man, if you're calling me about toner.
    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

As I was sitting at my desk one day, working hard (on Neopets, of course),
    Neo rules. XD Most of the time.

Hunting must be the dullest activity known to man, if you're calling me about toner.
    Maybe he wants to give the toner to some highly-advanced deer?
    The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the D20 rules all!!!

Comment

Maybe he's got some consent forms for the deer to sign, and he needs to print them out. You know, I, the undersigned, agree not to sue if you shoot me, and give my consent to have my head hung above your fireplace. That sort of thing.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Maybe he's got some consent forms for the deer to sign, and he needs to print them out. You know, I, the undersigned, agree not to sue if you shoot me, and give my consent to have my head hung above your fireplace. That sort of thing.
        That's it.
        "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
          As I was sitting at my desk one day, working hard (on Neopets, of course).
          Haha, awesome. Not that I ever do it at work, mind. No, never ever.
          "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Well if it was during normal business hours he probably wasn't really hunting. Most animals don't move around during the day. So he was probably just killing time.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
              Well if it was during normal business hours he probably wasn't really hunting. Most animals don't move around during the day. So he was probably just killing time.
              From what I understand about hunting, doesn't one generally do it in the early A.M.? Don't they all knock off around 9 or so?

Now I'm wondering...WHY was he in a deer stand???

Comment

Working...
              X