This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth inferno_34 View Post
    depends on the welding but for arc welding (if thats what he was using and not Oxy/Acc) then wow...someone is going to need a trip to the hospital
    Hey, wait, I remember that episode of Mystery Science Theater... poor Bob... handing out cigars cause he had a kid... Should've touched Steve's shoulder like he'd been taught... now he'll never see his son's face.

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
    *Whackity Whackity WHACK-WHACK-WHACK!*
    Don't talk back?
    Take out the paper and the trash!
    Or you don' get no spendin' cash!

Quoth Samaliel View Post
    I only have a trout. A Large Trout. Of Slapping.

Can I still join ?
    Is it plus 5 or better? And, do you by chance have a Shrubbery?
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
      When someone's welding, red/orange/yellow/blue sparks are going EVERYWHERE. There's a distinct smell of burning metal. It's not something you want to get close to. That woman's just an idjit.
      That's just what I was thinking when I read the OP. I can imagine that woman's thought process. "There's a man wearing a big, dark mask on, bent over a pile of metal, holding a lit torch, surrounded by a great fountain of tiny bits of fire... That's exactly where I want to be! That's the best place and time and person to ask for hay!" The evil part of my brain now wants to throw a bale of hay into the median of a busy five-lane freeway and tell her that it's half price if she loads it into her car herself. Of course I can't, but I think, with her level of intelligence, she'd fall for it.

Quoth cj1991 View Post
      I'd like to ban "can you check?" from the English language.

One year we ran out of stock at Christmas.

I swear every other caller asked me "Are you sure? Can you check?".

I walk by the "holding area" every time I punch in and out. It's empty. YES I'M SURE!!! I CHECK EVERY MORNING AND EVENING!!"
      We run out of several things every Christmas...

I really don't mind if customers ask if I have more of something in the back (because we keep overstock product in part of the warehouse, and I know how often my co-workers forget to go get some of it to fill empty shelf spaces), but only if a few conditions are met first:
      1- It's a product the store currently carries.
      2- It's not a product that's constantly out of stock anyway (like the Wii, though we've managed to keep that in stock for the past week or two).
      3- They've noticed that the shelf where we normally keep that product is empty.
      4- They're in a store that actually has a stock room "in the back."

Given those four things, I think it is reasonable to ask, "Do you have any in the back?" It's when the customers follow that up with the "Are you sure" or "Can you check" questions that it gets on my nerves. Now they're insulting my intelligence and being condescending, patronizing, and unwilling to trust me. I don't need to check. I know my department's inventory better than anyone in the store and sometimes even better than the store's computer. In fact, I just sold the last one of whatever it was. I'm sure. I don't need to check.
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
        I know my department's inventory better than anyone in the store and sometimes even better than the store's computer.
        Yup, work at a store long enough, and you'll actually know your on hand inventory better than the computer. Because the computer can only count what you put into it. You, however, can see what's available around you. Hell, by the end of my time at Chesterfield, I knew precisely what had just been put out on the shelves on shipment days, and could describe (at the time) any anime that we had in the store. (amazed the AM to no end when I told him after a sale that I'd never seen that particular anime. "How do you know about it?" 'I listen to other anime geeks. I ask them about their knowledge when I see them buying stuff I've never seen. Hey, I've been lusting after that title... is it good? What's it about? Particularly with anime geeks, they like to try to impress by showing off their knowledge.')
        Even better was when I could have a movie in hand to give to the person who just walked in the door, talking about what movie she was looking for. Made their day, let me tell you.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
          The Magical Back Room of Holding. I think that's somewhere on page 56 of the SC's Handbook...
          Oh God! Now I have an idea for an RPG. Thanks!

Comment

Quoth Supermarket Slave Girl View Post
            Sure i'll go check for you, I walk out the back, do a little dance, chat to a coworker about the weather then go back and say, no, sorry we don't have it.
            I do that, too.

Quoth amphrite View Post
            Now, be honest people, was welding the first thing you thought of when you read the title?
            No comment.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              Is it plus 5 or better? And, do you by chance have a Shrubbery?
              Indeed, it is. Unfortunately, I do not have a Shrubbery.
              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                Do you make a little love and get down, as well?
                Dammit! Now I'm going to have KC and the Sunshine Band in my head all day!
                "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Quoth amphrite View Post
                  Now, be honest people, was welding the first thing you thought of when you read the title?
                  Can you blame us, though? Nobody's parents ever told them if they didn't stop welding they'd go blind.
                  "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

The saying around here says you will go deaf...
                    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                    X