This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something new every day

I've worked at my fitness center job for 8 years now. I've dealt with countless situations with both SCs and just bad situations. Thefts, fights, indoor fireworks, kids trying to set our flag on fire, emplyees having sex in the changing rooms,, and more but I still run into something new all the time. The latest one was when a girl tried to stab a boy with her insulin needle. I swear, people are getting worse and worse.

People ask me why I've got such a snarky, cynical attitude. I ask them, why don't you?
    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

All I can do is gasp!
    You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

OH, NOw, you can't say just she tried to stab him. What all happened? My experience says violence often has a starting reason. Inquiring minds want to know!

Of course, it is an insulin needle, and teh out-of-balance diabetic can be crazy

Comment

I honestly don't know much more than that since I wasn't there. They were on the front patio outside our main doors, that's where most of our fights happen, which sucks since it's 20 feet from where we're standing but especially at night we can't see a damn thing out there. An employee was getting back from his break to find her trying her damndest to bury her needle in him.

She's a part of a group of foster children that hang out here. I don't any issues in general with foster kids (the parents who take them have a lot more patience than I do) but we have one parent in general who pretty much leaves them with us for 8+ hours a day. So combine that with kids who might not be the best behaved to begin with, and you get a bad situation.

Comment

An employee was getting back from his break to find her trying her damndest to bury her needle in him.
          Was she trying to stab the employee or on of the other kids? If it was the employee, I would've been on the phone to the police in about 20 seconds. There's too many illnesses around to be messing around like that.

Comment

She was attacking another teenager. They were in front of our main doors.

Comment

Quoth Ghengis51 View Post
              but we have one parent in general who pretty much leaves them with us for 8+ hours a day. So combine that with kids who might not be the best behaved to begin with, and you get a bad situation.
              Document, document, document. Then call Human Services or whatever it is where you are.

Comment

Working...
              X