This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth depechemodefan View Post
    The sort-of SC should have had some common sense. Store closes at 10, but goes in the dressing room 15 min. till. What if the clothes didn't fit and she decides she had to go get another size? It would take her longer. So at least she knows that the dressing room closes at least 15 min. till. She would suck if knowing that, she goes out and gets more clothes and goes back in.

I don't think there would be a polite way to tell some one the dressing room is closed. Most people woudn't think 2x that a CSR comes in and says "oh, the dressing room is suppose to be closed at this time." They will leave. I think the woman thought she was entitled to take her time (though she did leave early enough).
    It's not fair to assume that she was going to take longer, in fact she didnt. she was out of the store 5 minutes before close. Why paint her as someone who would stay after closing when there is nothing at all to indicate that?

People who say she was still rude with the way that she responded, I would totally agree if it wasn't justified. But tbh I think it was justified. Dressing rooms are private and one of my pet peeves is employees trying to talk to me while I'm in one, and I would be mega peeved if an employee basically told me to get out, 15 minutes before closing, while i was in my undies.

She didn't fly off the handle, she didn't swear or get nasty, she just told it like it was, really. I would have done the same.

Quoth scroob View Post
    gerund, pay attention to my posts when u comment. she'd only taken a few articles, and paid for them. she did not steal, and next time make more helpful posts.
    I think he was making a joke...
    Last edited by Ree; 07-25-2008, 08:55 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts

Comment

At my store, this is how we handled it. At 30 minutes before close, we'd say (shortened version) "Store is closing in 30 minutes, the fitting rooms and jewelry closes in 15 minutes) Repeat every 5 minutes.

If your store didn't give any kind of verbal warning, and if she hadn't shopped there before, then maybe she didn't know the fitting room was supposed to be closed?
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Kali View Post
        It's not fair to assume that she was going to take longer, in fact she didn't.
        Kali, it's called Conditioned Response. We deal with idiots and assholes enough that we're conditioned to react as if someone providing a hostile response will be a Worst Case Scenario of suckitude.

It's the same reason that a dog that's been beaten will shy away from someone reaching out to pet it. They see a reaching hand and that, to them, means pain.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
          i am never going to have a thread without controversy lol.
          Not if you don't learn to pay attention, yourself, and learn when people are being serious and when they're actually joking, or if you don't learn to respond appropriately when you are upset with another member's comments.

It's obvious that gerund was making a joke about the SC stashing stuff in her bag.
          The snarky reply was not necessary.

Not everyone is going to think every customer is sucky just because you do, and they are free to say that.

That being said, for those critical of the OP, I agree the customer wasn't necessarily sucky for being in the dressing room 20 minutes before closing, and having the clerk knock on the door to tell her they are closing soon might give her a reason to be irked, but she didn't have to respond the way she did.
          In my opinion, that customer's comment was rude. All she had to say was thank you for letting me know.

I think that customer's remark was like saying, "Tough. I don't care what time you close. You can wait until I'm done."
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
            Kali, it's called Conditioned Response. We deal with idiots and assholes enough that we're conditioned to react as if someone providing a hostile response will be a Worst Case Scenario of suckitude.

It's the same reason that a dog that's been beaten will shy away from someone reaching out to pet it. They see a reaching hand and that, to them, means pain.
            That may be the case, but that doesn't make it fair to call someone sucky for something they didn't do. It's a reason, but it's not an excuse.

Comment

I don't think wanting to use the fitting rooms 20 minutes before closing was sucky, but the, "Well, you'll just have to wait," comment, depending on the tone used (though I fail to see how that could be made a pleasant comment) was definitely rude.
              Sure she didn't take long and she didn't leave a mess, but that only slightly redeems her after making such a snotty remark which is, again, dependent on the tone she used.

Comment

Quoth Kali View Post
                That may be the case, but that doesn't make it fair to call someone sucky for something they didn't do. It's a reason, but it's not an excuse.
                Never said it did, any more than it's logical for a dog to be afraid of every hand just because it was beaten.

I'm just offering an explanation of why the assumption was made, on the merit of a rudely-toned (assumed based on context) comment, that far worse was in store.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                  If she'd said, "Thanks for letting me know, I'll be as quick as I can." She'd have been the perfect customer. It was just her tone that made her a little bit sucky and made the OP expect the worst, which proved not to be the case.
                  Pod. She was kind of sucky. Kudos to her for cleaning up after herself, though.
                  "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                  X