This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you want to go blind then?

Just talking to the lovely mild mannered engineer who recently moved into our yard taking over from a place that use to sell over priced food for all the snobby locals ponies. Not only do these people not care about loading up their porsche cayennes with bales of hay and crap but they crunted retards on top of it.

He is getting at least 8 morons a day coming in and asking where the hay is when it is obvious to any fool that the business is no longer there. Yesterday some dopey wench went up to him as he was welding, yes welding, tapped him on the shoulder and wanted some hay. There is a bloody good reason welders wear masks like darth vadar. They don't want molten hot metal getting in their eyes and this silly bitch is standing right next to him.

Not only does he fuck up a join on the helicopter he's working on but the woman starts screaming at him that her ponies are hungry at which point he totally loses it and screams back at her 'Fuck off you stupid slut!' and a few more choice invectives. She'd just put her self in the perfect position to be blinded for life and all she could think of was hay. Makes you wonder if there is a correlation between money stupidity and bad manners.
    Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

This post made me lol irl.

Comment

What great response!! Kudos

Comment

O.O wow...

depends on the welding but for arc welding (if thats what he was using and not Oxy/Acc) then wow...someone is going to need a trip to the hospital (one other reason why you wear a mask, Arc Flash, basicly bad for your eyes)

Comment

I get them too and they drive me mental as well. I.e last week

me -me
          cr -crunted retard

me - Hi. Can I help you?
          cr - I just went next door and they guy there said he does'nt sell hay
          me - Yes. That is because he is an engineer
          cr - So he does'nt have any hay at all
          me - I very much doubt he would
          cr - do you have any?
          me - No. Take a look around does it look like we sell animal food
          cr - No not really. So you don't have any out the back then?

At which point a small part of my frontal lobe imploded and I wept tiny tears for the fate of the human race.
          Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Comment

Quoth portia911 View Post
            cr - No not really. So you don't have any out the back then?
            The Magical Back Room of Holding. I think that's somewhere on page 56 of the SC's Handbook...
            A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I'd like to ban "can you check?" from the English language.

One year we ran out of stock at Christmas.

I swear every other caller asked me "Are you sure? Can you check?".

I walk by the "holding area" every time I punch in and out. It's empty. YES I'M SURE!!! I CHECK EVERY MORNING AND EVENING!!".

And yes, a lot of these people were affluent with spoiled kids and grandkids.

I also got sick of "I'll pay more if I can get it faster". Um, you're no better than any of my other customers who can't afford to get it faster, and besides, if we don't have it, how can I make it go faster? I'll take your money, and put it in the pizza fund........
              Oh yeah? Well I have a few words for you! Like YOU, and ARE, and A MORON!!!!

Comment

The infamouse back room, the place where we have everything you could ever think of and never run out, I get so many can you check the back when I know we don't have what they want.

Sure i'll go check for you, I walk out the back, do a little dance, chat to a coworker about the weather then go back and say, no, sorry we don't have it.
                I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Quoth Supermarket Slave Girl View Post
                  Sure i'll go check for you, I walk out the back, do a little dance,
                  Do you make a little love and get down, as well?
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Sure i'll go check for you, I walk out the back, do a little dance, chat to a coworker about the weather then go back and say, no, sorry we don't have it.
                    Sadly, I've found that that really is the simplest and most reasonable way to handle those requests.

I understand that it used to be there actually was a back room in the old days and that extra stock could be found there. However, these days most product is put out as soon as possible. Even if it is in the back, there is no way to find it and it probably needs to be inventoried first.

I also understand that some places still will fetch things from the back room. BUT, they are few and far between and--wonder of wonders--easy to remember which stores will and which stores won't.
                    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

OT: I think I got the gist from the context, but what exactly does 'crunted' mean and can it only be used an adjective for the word retard? If not, I might get a lot of use out of it here in the US.

Comment

The infamouse back room, the place where we have everything you could ever think of and never run out, I get so many can you check the back when I know we don't have what they want.
                        I never liked going to the "backroom". The unicorns, gnomes, and Loch Ness monsters always made a big mess back there.

Comment

Quoth flybye023 View Post
                          I also understand that some places still will fetch things from the back room. BUT, they are few and far between and--wonder of wonders--easy to remember which stores will and which stores won't.
                          Very few places here will do that. Well, except for a certain hobby shop in Dormont Before they moved, their 'back room' (they actually had one) was full of long-out-of-production kits, tools, and other goodies. Most of that stuff eventually found its way onto the floor. However, there really wasn't a place for most of it. That's why for years, you could go in there, and find 20-year-old kits still on the shelf! Made things easy for those of us into somewhat obscure sports cars

That back room sometimes got on the owner's nerves though. Before the shop moved, he would gladly run to 'the back' for things. Then, he had a stroke and couldn't do that any more. What happened, was he'd go looking for, say, an old kit...and then forget what he was looking for.

Most people were pretty damn nice about it. He was always willing to help someone out. Not just the 'regulars' either. He did that for everyone. Yet, every now and then...people would bitch about how he'd forget things. Um, what part of "he had a stroke" do you not under-fucking-stand? Sadly, he had to retire after that. He couldn't handle it

Getting back on topic...she thought it was a good idea to touch someone in the middle of welding? Are you fucking kidding me? Don't they realize that it's not good to distract someone working with fire? Hell, I'd get pissed if someone bumped me if I was soldering wires together. I don't know about you all, but I really hate having a red-hot soldering gun tip landing on a finger...
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

So wait the guy is welding but in an area than any stranger off the street can get to close?
                            I understand business changed hands and all. Some people just don't get that because a business looks different it might be a different business.
                            With multiple situations of people coming into an area where the shouldn't . . .but do it anyway . . .you would think he would have a locked door or some such way to prevent the wrong person being in the wrong place.

Comment

Someone needs to be smacked with a frozen tuna.

...I VOLUNTEER!

*Whackity Whackity WHACK-WHACK-WHACK!*

*Heavy breathing*

*Trots off*

*And whistles a showtune*
                              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                              X