Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks BookstoreEscapee, now I have that song stuck in my head.
    If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
    --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Oops, wasn't looking where I was going and almost tripped out of the gutter.

Now, be honest people, was welding the first thing you thought of when you read the title?
      Last edited by amphrite; 07-23-2008, 08:21 PM. Reason: I am smiley-inept. boohoo.

Comment

Quoth cj1991 View Post
        I'd like to ban "can you check?" from the English language.
        Nooooooooo!

This is how I get extra breaks at work sometimes. Somebody asks my to go look for something I know we don't have in the backroom, so I go back there, sit someplace for 5 minutes or so, and then come out and tell the customer "Sorry, we don't have it."
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I grew up playing in and around Dad's shop (most farmers where I'm from do all their repairs themselves), so I'm used to seeing and being around welding (love that smell!).

When someone's welding, red/orange/yellow/blue sparks are going EVERYWHERE. There's a distinct smell of burning metal. It's not something you want to get close to. That woman's just an idjit.

People like that shouldn't have horses. Poor horsies.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
            Someone needs to be smacked with a frozen tuna.

...I VOLUNTEER!

*Whackity Whackity WHACK-WHACK-WHACK!*

*Heavy breathing*

*Trots off*

*And whistles a showtune*
            Count me in RW and I have plenty of tuna for that!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth portia911 View Post
              me -me
              cr -crunted retard

me - Hi. Can I help you?
              cr - I just went next door and they guy there said he does'nt sell hay
              me - Yes. That is because he is an engineer
              cr - So he does'nt have any hay at all
              me - I very much doubt he would
              cr - do you have any?
              me - No. Take a look around does it look like we sell animal food
              cr - No not really. So you don't have any out the back then?

At which point a small part of my frontal lobe imploded and I wept tiny tears for the fate of the human race.
              Too bad you can't keep 5-10 bales in stock and sell them at 3 times the going rate. I bet you could get the extra money and/or get people to try to get their hay elsewhere.
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
                OT: I think I got the gist from the context, but what exactly does 'crunted' mean and can it only be used an adjective for the word retard? If not, I might get a lot of use out of it here in the US.
                Crunted? I'm pretty sure it is a made up word derived from munt, and therefore you can use it anyway you like but only in relation to an actually person. Kind of like ...

munt/munter - what a fecking munt/munter
                munted - 'Great now you totally munted it'

Basically just a way of refer to the parade to arse goblins who inflict themselves upon you.
                Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Comment

Quoth Supermarket Slave Girl View Post
                  The infamouse back room

so is that where the evil little mousies gather to plot to take over the world?
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I used to work graveyard at K-Mart, so I'd take my time looking for stuff in the backroom for people in order to break up the monotony of straightening shelves if we had no freight to stock. I still remember one guy trying to insist on coming to the lock-up room with me to see if we had some X-Box game he wanted at 3 a.m. The only way I could convince him he wasn't coming beyond the "Employees Only" door with me was to threaten to call security if he did. I was honestly doubtful that we had his game, and I was right, but I was tired of straightening Toys.
                    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                      So wait the guy is welding but in an area than any stranger off the street can get to close?
                      I understand business changed hands and all. Some people just don't get that because a business looks different it might be a different business.
                      With multiple situations of people coming into an area where the shouldn't . . .but do it anyway . . .you would think he would have a locked door or some such way to prevent the wrong person being in the wrong place.
                      Why is he responsible for people who can't tell the difference between selling hay and welding metal together?

Quoth amphrite View Post
                      Now, be honest people, was welding the first thing you thought of when you read the title?
                      Tehehe, no.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                        so is that where the evil little mousies gather to plot to take over the world?
                        Ok haha, I made a spelling boo boo, you know what I mean
                        I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Quoth amphrite View Post
                          Actually, no. But nothing dirty either. I was thinking either someone tried to stick something sharp in their eyes or staring directly at the sun.

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                          Count me in RW and I have plenty of tuna for that!
                          I only have a trout. A Large Trout. Of Slapping.

Can I still join ?
                          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                            With multiple situations of people coming into an area where the shouldn't . . .but do it anyway . . .you would think he would have a locked door or some such way to prevent the wrong person being in the wrong place.
                            Locally, quite a few machine shops have their doors open. Mostly for ventilation--it can get pretty warm in there with welding, grinding, and other things going on. Also, some even do work outside. With some vehicles, it's simply not possible to get them into the shop--they might not fit!
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              Do you make a little love and get down, as well?
                              Tonight.

Anyways, that's what I've heard.

Comment

Anriana - he is responsable because it will be he who gets sued when some idiot doesn't know not to go near and does go blind.

Protege - I can understand, not locking off the area, if there are a lot of similar places in the area and needing ventilation.

On the other hand, if someone has a business and has been made aware that there are people in the area who don't get that it is now an area where they can get harmed, doesn't it become the new owners responsability to make the danger known? Use saw horses or cones and chains at multiple hights (ankle, knee, chest, head) with big Danger signs on it. True lots of SC's don't read.
                                But, if proper labels are painted on the floor . . .signs posted. If an SC does get harmed and a lawsuit comes into play . . .well he did try to warn them.

Comment

Working...
                                X