This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Activation Chronicles: Part 42

Why, for the love of Gord, do I get these people who insist on getting something that they don't need AND which doesn't exist?

Today's idiot has sent me no less than THREE emails, each one successively pissier than the previous one, demanding an activation code for a computer which he has already activated. He just can't accept that fact that not only does he not NEED to enter a code, no code even exists for me to send him. This has been explained three times to the moron now.

It could be that he is having a genuine issue and mistakenly THINKS having the code will solve it. I have no idea if that is the case, though, because he hasn't told me anything useful beyond repeated demands for an activation code.

The exchange thus far:

[I may have used my SC to Caveman translator on this transcript. ]

Monday...

SC: Me ask for code on Friday. Today Monday. WHERE MY CODE?

Me: Our records show that you activated over the internet on COMPUTERNAME on Friday. You don't need a code for internet activation. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Wednesday...

SC: Today Wednesday. I tell you Monday I need code. Code not here yet. GIMME CODE NOW!

Me: I apologize you didn't get my reply to your previous message [Yes. This is a backhanded passive agressive way of telling the moron that ignoring facts he doesn't like won't change those facts. I enjoy being an asshole like that with folks who deserve it.] In that message I mentioned that you don't need an activation code when you activate over the internet as you did with COMPUTERNAME on 18 July. As a matter of fact, no code even exists for me to give you.

If the software on COMPUTERNAME is still requesting that you activate or you are tying to activate another computer, please let me know and I'll be glad to be of assistance.

Friday...

SC: Now Friday! What is problem? I give you all information and you no give me code like I ask many time. Why you no gimme code? I customer! I pay for code! GIMME CODE!

I can handle stubborn and I can handle dumb. The stubbornly dumb drive me up a wall.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Okay, sir. The code is ID-10-T.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
      .......I can handle stubborn and I can handle dumb. The stubbornly dumb drive me up a wall.

Amen brother!!!

I find that about 50-75% of people are just ignorant (of policies, products procedure, methods etc.) and that is relatively easy to handle. It's just a question of education.

It's the ones that are stubbornly ignorant and choose to remain ignorant and/or refuse to learn that are so @#$@ing annoying. Then they become DUMB SC's and deserve whatever scorn and mistreatment that is heaped upon them.

It becomes especially heinous if the person in question is someone who is supposed to do the same job as I do and should know the business (lingo, marketing, products etc.) just as well as I do. And yet they keep calling me and conferencing in their customers, that ask questions (that as a reseller they should have been able to answer with a little bit of research) just so they can make the sale. Can they be any more LAZY?!? Is my phone number 1-800-DO-MY-JOB?!?!? NO!!!! /rant

Sometimes the worst offenders in tech support or pre-sales are those who are in tech support or presales. I swear the short is between the keyboard and the chair.

Actually the code is R-T-F-E I-D-1-0-T

That customer needs to learn how to read email.
      Last edited by Brightglaive; 07-25-2008, 07:18 PM.
      You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

in my cynical world, it could be that he's trying to scam them for another activation code...

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post

I can handle stubborn and I can handle dumb. The stubbornly dumb drive me up a wall.

A veteran travel agent made a comment when I was just a young pup:

"I can deal with a bitch and I can deal with stupid. But I CAN'T deal with a stupid bitch. You gotta pick one or the other."
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
            A veteran travel agent made a comment when I was just a young pup:

"I can deal with a bitch and I can deal with stupid. But I CAN'T deal with a stupid bitch. You gotta pick one or the other."
            That reminds me of a different saying from a supervisor I had once:

"Never argue with an idiot. First they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Comment

Quoth godaistudios View Post
              That reminds me of a different saying from a supervisor I had once:

"Never argue with an idiot. First they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
              that's kind of like my grandma's saying "never argue with an idiot because they may be doing the same"
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I prefer this version : "Never play dumb with anyone, because they just might let you win."
                "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                X