This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunken dorkery (longish)

Where I work, we often have the local homeless stopping in to mess up our men's bathroom and beg for free food. And when I say mess up our men's bathroom, I do mean mess up our bathroom. Unflushed toilets and locked doors, water somehow all the way up the mirror, snot smeared across the surface... etc. And who gets to clean them? Moi. More recently, we've been kicking them out, thanks to some of our more intrepid employees, they have stopped coming in. Yay!

Now, just a couple days ago, I got this dude in my store. Drunk to the point of complete incomprehensibility, he wants a free sub. So, my co-worker and I refuse. For five minutes. Then another customer comes in. CW makes his sub, then purchases a sub for the drunk. Conversation as follows.

Me: Munkie
    DHB: Drunken homeless bastid.

Me: *already chosen bread and put meat on the sub.* What kind of cheese you want?

DHB: Nnh! *points at our shredded cheese*

Me: Okay. *takes the .5 oz of cheese and puts it on the sub.* What kind of veggies for you?

DHB: Mur. *jabs finger at the sneeze guard over cheese*

Me: Your sub has been paid for, I can't put more cheese on it. It costs more. Now, what kind of veggies do you want? *little irritated, he's done this before*

DHB: Mur! *jabs sneeze guard twice*

Me: *stressing* I can't. It's paid for. Extra cheese is extra.

DHB: MUR!

We argue back and forth for another 30 seconds until I just want him out of the store.

Me: *lost all pretense of being nice* Look. Your sub is paid for. That means no extra cheese. Now, unless you tell me what you want on this, you get lettuce and tomato and that's it.

DHB: MUR!!!eleventy!!

Me: No! That's final! *drops some lettuce and some tomatoes on the sub and wrap it* Here you go.

DHB takes sub.

Now, he wandered towards the door, so I assumed he was leaving, and returned to the back room to mutter angrily about him to my CW, who smiled. Another customer walked in at this point, so I paste on my smiley face and serve them... noticing then that DHB was sitting at a table, chowing down. While chatting and being nice to this customer, I keep an eye on DHB. It was only after he left, that I noticed he not only left the remains of his sub on the wrapper on the table... the shredded cheese he so desperately wanted was all over the table.

Now, this was at the end of my shift. I was tired, I wanted to leave, and my roommate was just arriving to pick me up. I asked my CW to clear the messy table and proceed out the door.

This Sunday just past, as it was a surprisingly quiet Sunday, I'm cleaning the windows and notice something odd about the window. So I look a little closer.

WTF.

There's cheese smeared on the window.

Rrrrgggghhh.

Damn drunk. Next time he's in, he gets mozza and to hell with his obsession with shredded cheese that he wants to dump off his sub anyway and make a mess with.
    "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
    ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

... all I can say is, "Yeek."
    What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

I can't help but snicker after reading that.

Between a nameless sub place I worked at in Alaska and the cursed Greyhound in Tacoma, you just brought to mind every drunken or drugged nut I ever had the misfortune to deal with.
      Most were simply a pain in the ass, but some were rather amusing.
      The aforementioned sub place? Little town called Eagle River, Alaska. My coworker and I are spacing out as lunch rush was over and the place was completely dead.
      In strolls two chaps reeking of vodka. The solemly look over the menu, step up to the counter and politely ask if they can have some jalepaneos....
      Yep- That was all they wanted. Jalepaneo peppers.
      We stuck some in a little baggie, they thanked us and left, vainly trying to steer their bicycles across the parking lot.
      Funniest damn thing we'd seen all day.
      Waiter? ... Waiter?
      Curses! When will I ever remember- Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restauraunt.

Comment

Working...
      X