This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad but valuable lesson.

So at the new store, I've had problems with quite a few people.

Especally this one asshole /regular/.

He sceams at me for not selling him beer when he is drunk. Whatever.

He screams at me for not selling him beer after legal hours. Whatever.

I honestly don't care. Not my fault he gets too drunk to sell too, or that he too stupid to get beer before it closes.

He screams how /everyone/ else does. But he'll cut me a break because I'm new. Despite me having Assisstant Manager on my nametag, and the fact I'm anything but new, I shrug. He doesn't like it, and he'll get me fired soon.

Whatever. I can deal with this crap. But I feel bad, and this is why.

A few days ago, swing guy and me are working during the brief hour period its a crossover shift. He comes in. Swing guy goes around the counter and chats with him, as Im running the till. Swing guy likes the guy. They chit chat and blah blah blah. Swing guy goes to getting the garbage and recylcing out, and Im dealing with customers. I'm vaguly keeping and eye on asshole, simply out of both paranoia and experence.

Something this guy didn't have when it comes to stealing. I see him out of the corner of my eye, looking over his shoulder at me. I almost smile to myself. I glance over the security camera screen. I see him walk towards the corner, and dead on the camera itself, puts a can of beer in his pocket. I snap my fingers at swing guy, and we both circle the guy. I ask for it back, and he does, though he claims he was going to pay for it. I tell him in no uncertain terms to get the fuck out of the store.

He does leave. Swing guy is confused. He watches the camera.

Swing guy is still new, three months or so. But has done enough hours to easily cover a year of experence.

He never ever had a regular customer steal. I did my best to comfort him. He was mad. Pissed. Felt betrayed. I tell him that yeah it sucks, but it does happen. Real cool customers will sometimes out of the blue just steal from you. It has happened to me more then once. It will happen again.

He told me he will never another customer again.

I did get him to relax. The guy WAS a ass. It could happen from much cooler, nicer customer, and it would have hurt a hella lot more.

So yeah, Swing guy, three months into job, five months into America, has learned a sad, but valuable lesson. Customers can be cool. Some might even be friends. But few are above stealing stuff.

I showed the manager. He just shrugged. It happens. He dealt with it more then I have, by 2 more years experence.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

can you ban the ass now?

i dont think "regular customer" counts now when he's trying to steal

Comment

Working...
    X