Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the worst compliment you've ever received?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get told I look like various fat people...John Candy, Meatloaf, John Goodman, etc....

Comment

One of my co-workers once told a customer, "Did anyone ever tell you, you look like Carrot Top?"

He said, "No, and I hope nobody ever does again!"

...she thought Carrot Top was hot.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Maybe not necessarialy bad--but seriously odd.
        Background:
        The new franchise owner hired a lound-mouthed whiny harpy with a whole host of health problems (likely diet-related as neither I nor my CW's had ever seen her put anything in her mouth that wasn't either deep-fried or heavily-processed). She was later fired for claiming to be the SM and having hospitals and labs bill the organization (not to mention encouraging her family to do the same)--see my post under getting fired.

The former franchise owner (who still kept in touch with us after he sold the office) spoke of her: "If [taxguykarl] doesn't like her she must realy be bad."

My response: "An odd tribute, but I accept."
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

if you're nice and accepting and friendly to everyone EXCEPT this one fat entitlement cow, everyone else should follow suit...

Comment

I had a friend tell me that I reminded her of the girl in the white outfit from the "Legs" video by ZZ Top?

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
            Following on from Raps, there's one mate I had who 'confided' in me some time back that at first he thought I was an arrogant prick, but after we sat down and had a chat, he thought I was pretty ok.
            You mean you're not?

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            Hmm, I used to be told all the time that I looked exactly like Michael Jackson!

At least that changed a bit when I started wearing some makeup to work. Now I get told more-often I have more of a Liza Minelli look going.
            I don't know what to say to those....
            Last edited by Pagan; 06-23-2009, 08:56 PM.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              Well, now you know why you don't get hit on by guys often enough.

^-.-^
              that's the thing, I do...
              and I think I can add to my terrible compliments the
              "I'd so go out with you if you lived in (insert city here)"
              Gah, I'm starting to understand how Tantalus felt
              I'm still undecided which is worse, having no one interested in you or only having people you can't have who are interested in you...
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

From a few weeks ago:

SC: "Oh, hey, I remember you!"
                Me: "You do?"
                SC: "Oh, yes. You're not as fat as you used to be!"

Gee, thanks, lady. I may have a few extra pounds (which I'm trying to lose), but I'm by no means some land whale. Sheesh.
                Thanks for the...compliment?

Comment

Quoth WhiteRose View Post
                  if you're nice and accepting and friendly to everyone EXCEPT this one fat entitlement cow, everyone else should follow suit...
                  Don't go insulting noble bovines, by equating them with her!
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth MercenaryMuffin View Post
                    From a few weeks ago:

SC: "Oh, hey, I remember you!"
                    Me: "You do?"
                    SC: "Oh, yes. You're not as fat as you used to be!"

I'm always nervous when I want to compliment someone on their weight loss, but even I know that this is not a very good way to word it!
                    Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Quoth Iris Kojiro View Post
                      I'm always nervous when I want to compliment someone on their weight loss, but even I know that this is not a very good way to word it!
                      How about: You look good. Have you lost weight?

If they have, they will be happy someone noticed, if they haven't, they still will be happy that someone thinks they have.
                      http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                      Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth DrFaroohk View Post
                        I get told I look like various fat people...John Candy, Meatloaf, John Goodman, etc....

Actually...on Meatloaf...yumm.

Mmmmm....Sorrry, what?
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Iris Kojiro View Post
                          I've recently lost a bit and I am thrilled when it's noticed. Most of them say 'wow! have you lost weight? you look awesome!'

Works for me!
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I've been "complimented" before along the lines of "you have good fasion/decorating sense, for a guy" (normally when picking out colors that match - I have women ask me what will look good on them/what color should be used/etc), and "you'll make a woman a good wife some day" (normally after they see I can cook, and well)

Comment

I got told today that someone had been warned that I was wearing shorts. Heh. Love it!

Rapscallion

Comment

I was at a wedding today (really long day for me, work all night, sleep 2 hours, go to wedding/reception/nap for an hour, go to work all night) and someone's date asked the bride "So how many nice dresses did you try on before you settled for that one?"
                                Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X