This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth marlovino View Post

I dare anyone to finish these lyrics from a 70's to early 80's saturday morning ritual.
    Conjunction junction.........that's my fuuuunction.

Lolly (no idea)

I'm just a bill...... (I remember it but not the next bit)

The sad thing is, I have the Schoolhouse Rock DVD's, too....

and to top it all off you know what I'm talking about when I say, CLarissa Explains it All, Ren and Stimpy, Roundhouse and finally.... Are you afraid of the dark.
    I'll see your AYAOTD and raise you UFO Kidnapped, The Third Eye, and You Can't Do That on Television.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I always felt sorry for that Bill sittin' on Capitol Hill!

I noticed that they're bringing back the Electric Company, but it doesn't look like it's going to be as good as the one back in the 70's.

And who remembers Captain Kangaroo? Or the New Zoo Revue?
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I'm just a bill, something something Capitol Hill...

Quoth Pagan
        I noticed that they're bringing back the Electric Company, but it doesn't look like it's going to be as good as the one back in the 70's
        HAY YOOOUUUUUU GUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSS!
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Conjunction junction.........that's my fuuuunction.
          ... what's my function?
          Quoth EricKei View Post
          Lolly (no idea)
          Lolly, Lolly, Lolly, get your adverbs here.

and I'm just a Bill, only a Bill, sittin' up on Capitol Hill.

Quoth EricKei View Post
          I'll see your AYAOTD and raise you UFO Kidnapped, The Third Eye, and You Can't Do That on Television.
          Well.... I don't know....

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You know you're getting old when...

...you're listening to the radio and you hear one of your favorite songs from when you were in high school... and then you realize it's on the CLASSIC ROCK station!

It's bad enough for me, being in my mid-30s, but one of my buddies had this happen to him when he was in his early 20s.
            "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
            --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              Curse you !!!!
              Do I need to admit I have all of the damned schoolhouse rockshows on dvd ?
              Got it for my wife for Christmas two years ago. We watched until we were crying with laughter. Haul it out every now and then for a nostalgia break.

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
              l... and then you realize it's on the CLASSIC ROCK station!
              but one of my buddies had this happen to him when he was in his early 20s.
              Yeah, my reference was particular to U2 - and it was my early twenties also. ('course, when a band goes from 'Boy' to 'The Unforgettable Fire' in five years, there's bound to be some instant "way back when" involved.)

Comment

Quoth Munkie View Post

"Sukiyaki" was NOT an original by 4 P.M; it was a number 1 in 1963 in Japan by an artist named Kyu Sakimoto...
                I heard a song dunno if it was the same title by Morning Musume (Japanese idol group).

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post

Nahhhh... just means you have good taste in music.
                Yay!
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  Yeah, my reference was particular to U2 - and it was my early twenties also. ('course, when a band goes from 'Boy' to 'The Unforgettable Fire' in five years, there's bound to be some instant "way back when" involved.)
                  I heart U2. So much so that I make my kids listen to 'em (and they sing along, and for the record, Boy came out when I was all of 2. It does trip me up when I hear them on the classic rock station, because their stuff doesn't feel the same age as some of the other stuff that came out at the same time as those albums--to me, at least. But I'm a complete and total dork, so there is that)

Because, in the car, I control the music.

Awhile ago I was listening to a teenage boy talk about this old (his words) band he'd just discovered-- It was freakin Nirvana. That was a bit surreal.

I've met grown folks who have never heard of the Beatles. Not that they don't like their music, or have little exposure, but have never ever heard of them. Ever. Folks who, by all rights, should have at least HEARD of 'em.

Granted, this past week has proved interesting, with my own kid--who doesn't really know who Michael Jackson was... but my kid is 9. He does know who Freddie Mercury was...so, there is that.

My older kid and his uncle can bond over Pokemon, and the Power Rangers, heh.
                  you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    I'm just a bill, something something Capitol Hill...

OMG That's Garfield and Friends!!

Binky the Clown!!!

O_o;; Every year on Hallowe'en, my family gets together and watches A Garfield Hallowe'en. And on Christmas, we get together and watch A Garfield Christmas, Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas, and A Muppet's Christmas Carol.

We love them to bits, it's our tradition.
                    "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                    ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

It's not from The Goonies? (or a million other places?)
                      you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth Munkie View Post

Binky the Clown!!!
                        Electric Company did it first ^_^ But yeah, good ol' Binky. I liked him
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          Quoth Munkie View Post

Binky the Clown!!!
                          Ummmm, not exactly. IPF's quote was from The Electric Company.

Binky's was:

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY KIDS!!

We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread, already in progress [/HIJACK]

Comment

[QUOTE=sms001;590059]Leek Girl.

I miss Ren and Stimpy. Pinky and the Brain too (although much later.)

I miss Beany & Cecil, and Rocky & Bullwinkle, and .......

Madness takes it's toll....
                            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              and remembering when punched cards were the "HEIGHT" of high tech. when the IBM 360/370 series was da bomb.
                              My second job after college, as a computer programmer, was to take a program used in an engineering firm and re-write it in Fortran. They had the original lines of code only on punch cards - with no alphbetical translation, I had to read the friggin punches card by card
                              After that, I can handle anything anyone throws at me at work.

Madness takes it's toll....
                              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

For the Electric Company Guys.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhhknPnK2JM
                                And a little Morgan Freeman for you all:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_PuAqRQLKA

^-.-^
                                Last edited by Andara Bledin; 07-11-2009, 06:47 AM.
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X