This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Tired.

So alot of crap has happened to me in the last few months since I've been here last. I've moved for starters. Ten minutes away from my store by walking. Its straight walking.

But naturally, life isnt suppose to be good for me alot of times.

A few weeks ago, I worked grave yard, and RA came in to do do saturday morning. Its all good, I leave, go home. Sleep.

I wake up to see I missed a call from bosslady. I call her to ask what up. She is PISSED at me. But won't say why. She just says she'll talk to me tonight, and hangs up on me.

I go into work sat night. I'm about to clock in, when Swing girl tells me not to bother. I ask her whats up. She won't tell me. I ask if I'm fired. She says nope. I ask if I'm being suspended. She says yep. I ask why. She says talk to Manager.

I wait a few minutes, wonder what the fuck did I do. Soon Manager comes in with one of the new girls to cover my shift. Manager pulls me to the side and tells me I better not cause a scene.

She knows what I did. I'm confused. She says that I delibretly left a empty carton of ciggerretes to fuck with RA cig count. She told me not to do any pranks on RA over her being promated above me, transfered to my store after dating her brother.

WTF. I did not. I have no idea what the hell she talking about. I say that. She basically tells me to shut up, she had it with me, and asked the area manager to transfer me to a different store, after being suspended without pay for a week.

I admit. I wanted to strangle her right then and there. I did no such thing. I love pranks granted, but I didn't do that at ALL.

Five and half years, almost to the day I worked with Helen, and she was getting rid of me. I've been to her home. I've played with her kids. I ate dinner with her family, I comforted her when she almost wanted to divorce her husband because of his gambling issles. (She thankfully didn't, they both love each to much).

And she will not belive me when I said I didnt do it. I never lied to her before. I always said the truth, even if it got me in trouble.

She wanted me out of the store, or she'll call police.

I leave. Even though I live so close to home, I call my mom for a ride. I'm trying to hold it together. My mom is there damn fast, picks me up. I cry. She wants to know what the hell did Helen do now. My mom has gotten sick of Helen for a while, even before all this RA shit happened.

So I mope around the house for a week. The area manager calls me up, and despite what helen told her, isn't going to write me up. She belives me when I said I didnt do it.

So I get transfered to another store, which takes about as long to get to from my new place as it was from my old home to my old store. Ironic?

This store is. Messy. Disorgainze. No displince. Since i'm the manager assissant, I do all the work. I do the ordering, the stocking, the paperwork, EVERYTHING.

I work just about everyday, ranging from day shift, swing shift, grave shift, even at different stores. Typically 9-12 hours. Everyone can come in when they want, I have to be on time. The manager is suppose to be in at six, but he comes in at 7:30-8:00. The grave is suppose to be in at 9, but comes in around 11:30-Midnight.

Natuarlly manager cant get in trouble. Grave guy is friends with manager, and works another job that doesnt get off till 11ish, so I guess I understand.

The only one who does any work besides me is the other guy, who is still new. He onced worked a 30 hour shift. He had a check for 1400 after taxes. Two weeks, at 8:40 an hour, you can tell how many hours that was...

So I'm due to work soon, but don't have to come in til 3 thanklfully. Be there til midnight. Get off, get home around 1 am. Maybe get to sleep at 1:30. Get up at 5 am, to get to work for day shift sat.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

This story makes me soooooooo angry!! No one should be treated that way. No one should have 5 hours between shifts. No one should be slandered like that. Plaid, you are too good for that company. I'm sorry all this crap is happening to you.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

There any labor laws being violated here that you can use to force the store to get it's act together?

violated as in what they are forcing you or others to work or whatever.
      Bark like a chicken!

Comment

I called another worker in to cover my shift. I'm so damn tired. going to bed. Going to work in day tomorrow.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
        X