This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We just had a horrible coupon day! >_<

Ok so The Kroger stores in this area had a big coupon day. Saturday from midnight to midnight all Manufacture coupons up to $1.00 were doubled. Yeah we knew it was gonna be bad, but not this bad.

I got to do graves this weekend so at midnight I had three people waiting already for the program to get downloaded to our registers. And of course I was the only cashier working, because "it's not gonna be busy at night".

From 12:30 to 4:30 I had a huge ass line that, from what customers told me, the wait time was an hour and a half. Every single order was at least $200 before coupons. When I pulled the sales report at 6am our net sales for the day were already at $6,000!!! When normally we barely do $1000 overnight. And the total amount of coupons before doubling was about $1,000!!! We barely do that many coupons in one day!

Now I was checking on our express lane since they have those turn around bagging things and I didn't have a bagger. And I was moving. My IPM (items per minute) was 27! I've never checked that fast on an express lane before, in fact I don't think anyone has.

Anywho of course the daytime was worse. I swear you would think a hurricane was coming or something. I for some reason stayed since they didn't have enough people scheduled and all, and didn't leave till noon. Yeah that's right I pulled a 13 hour shift. And somehow I went through all that crap with a smile on my face and kept the customers in a good mood the whole time.

You may be wondering, "what no SCs?" Well during the overnight hours, no actually. Every customer that night was very understanding and very polite. I think it helped that I was somehow in a good mood (partly because I wasn't bored for once and was gonna have a nice paycheck with 5 hours overtime) and was smiling and talking to the customers the whole time.

I know weird huh. These people waited and hour and a half to check out and never got all SC on me. I'm not so sure they'll be so nice to the managers or corporate later, but the higher ups deserve it.

So a shout out to all those customers that made that shift not as sucky as it could've been! And a big to the main office for not being better prepared for this event. And now much needed rest!
Working...
X