This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's starting already...

Classes don't start for another week, and my new students are already giving me ulcers. My school has an online option where not only can we (faculty) get a real-time class roster, but we can also get one that indicates whether or not the student has the prerequisites for the class.

I have five (5) already that are signed up for my classes when they were advised within the last week to take the class, not one, but TWO levels lower! Another handful have no completed prerequisite work listed yet, but were not advised differently (if advised at all), either.

I'm sure glad my Imitrex came in the other day. Now where did I put the Xanax...
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

ride `em hard until they drop

Comment

Primer, I feel your pain. Try working a bookstore with these yahoos.

me: All right, and how can I help you today?
      them: I need my books for my classes
      me: And which classes might those be?
      them: I dunno. can't you look it up? I don't have my schedule.
      me: ...and how would you like me to look them up?
      them: well, I think it's English. Or maybe history. And it's taught by a guy/girl/alien. the one in the classroom in the building...

me:

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
        Oh man, do I know that pain all too well! And I get to deal with it again during September rush...
        It's already started here. Classes begin in exactly 1 week. Law classes have already begun, and some law students were in bitching because we had the audacity to sell out of books they needed now now now! (Because they had assignments due, they've known for a week, and were just now getting books. >.<)

Comment

Working...
        X