Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I'd like to see - a glossary.

I'm seeing lots of acronyms and jargon I don't understand. How about a glossary under lists of doom.

What is a CSM, LP?

I'm guessing a "planogram" is a store map.

I'm sure there are others.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

What a great idea!!

I would be happy to put it together if people want to PM me or email me with their defintions.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

It was something I was considering, but it was low priority on my list. I managed to get roughly six days worth of forum tales harvested for the front pages last night - I need more meat on the bones there before I do much in the way of articles like that. Thanks for the offer, Ree!

As a general note, if anyone wants to suggest and submit an article, get the OK from me and I'll be quite happy to look it over. Just give me a nudge before about what you intend before spending time on it, and I'll let you know if it fits in

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
        I'm seeing lots of acronyms and jargon I don't understand. How about a glossary under lists of doom.

What is a CSM, LP?

I'm guessing a "planogram" is a store map.

I'm sure there are others.
        I believe CSM is to Wal*Mart what our SC's are to my store. In my store SC's are Service Coordinators. They try to keep everything running smoothly up front with cashiers & service runners. They coordinate everyone's break times, lunch breaks, count the drawers, do cash pick-ups, etc.

A planogram is a sort of schematic or diagram for setting-up a particular shelving unit. It gives all the necessary information needed to put our products on display including which fixtures are needed, shelf heights, where each product is to be placed on the shelves, where the tags for each product goes, etc. They are measured down to the inch and I've never come across one that wasn't spot-on. The people who work up our planograms are pretty darn good at it.

LP stands for Loss Prevention...floor walkers who look for shoplifters. They're supposed to be incognito but everyone knows who they are in my store because they've been there for years and stand out like sore thumbs. It's so funny to see them hiding behind a display trying to catch someone in the act. They can also see through the little holes in the pegboards which are used on the backs of our shelving units. Try looking through one once. It's amazing just how much you can see!
        Last edited by Retail Associate; 09-01-2006, 06:31 AM.
        Retail Haiku:
        Depression sets in.
        The hellhole is calling me ~
        I don't want to go.

Comment

Hell: The place you work at...
          Assbandits: customers
          Tards: customers
          ID10T: customer (idiot)
          PIBKAC: Problem is between keyboard and chair
          RTFM: read the f***ing manual
          Starfish: customers (no central nervous system & mouth doubles as an anus)
          GIYF: Google is your friend

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

CBF= Cat butt face (Look of...disgust?)
            GM=General Manager
            SM=Store Manager
            ASM=Assistant Store Manager
            You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
              I would be happy to put it together if people want to PM me or email me with their defintions.
              Just a reminder...thanks for all the ones given so far, but I did ask that you email or PM me with your definitions.

If you're going to post them here, please don't assume I will look here. Send them to me as well if you want your definitions in the list. Thanks.
              Last edited by Ree; 09-01-2006, 12:40 PM.

Comment

DOH!! Sorry about that Ree...I just had to get those ones out of my system
                "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Quoth Mr. Rude View Post
                  Starfish: customers (no central nervous system & mouth doubles as an anus)
                  That's the funniest thing ever, I haven't heard that one before!
                  I ride the time, it unfolds a new day,
                  another time, this world would fade away
                  To find true love, is like no other joy,
                  our choice is here
                  be happy for today

Comment

Sorry Ree. I was so excited that I actually knew some of these that I forgot Mark's idea was to have a glossary.

Retail Haiku:
                    Depression sets in.
                    The hellhole is calling me ~
                    I don't want to go.

Comment

I just had a reminder about this from someone who was looking back over old posts.

Nobody ever did email or PM me with their definitions and ideas, so this kind of fell by the wayside.

I have the definitions from this thread, but that's not much to start a glossary.

If anyone has any definitions they would like to see in a CS site glossary, please send them along via PM or through email, and we will see if we can get this thing off the ground.

They can be serious definitions describing things related to customer service and the workplace; they can be silly definitions; or they can just be explanations of abbreviations used when posting on CS.

Comment

So far, I've only had 3 PM's with definitions.

I'm really gonna need a lot more.

Let's hear your ideas, people.

Comment

Working...
                        X