X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one and only Thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTEVBcmPzk4
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I thought it was a whatchamacallit?

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
        I sewed up a bunch of grocery bags out of remnants or fabric I got at Goodwill. I originally did this because a bag holding cans of soup broke, and not only did I end up with bruises on my foot I had to get down on hands and knees and fish the cans from under other vehicles. So, since this was the second time it had happened, I felt that it was time to put my sewing skills to use and sewed up a bunch of bags.
        a community group does something similar, they make bags out of donated fabric and distribute them to points in the community (supermarket, greengrocer and library to name a few places) https://boomerangbags.org/

Comment

My parents had a tent & awning (& boat cover) business in the 70s-80s. I had the strongest lunch bags for work!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth marlovino View Post
            I thought it was a whatchamacallit?
            LOL just like the commercials when it came out I have argue about what candy bar I was looking for.

my mom- what are you looking for just pick one.
            me- A whatchamacallit
            Her?? a what? Whats the name?
            whatchamacallit
            Just friggen pick one if you don't know
            Last edited by MadMike; 01-19-2020, 12:22 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post.
            AkaiKitsune
            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

I never even told mom if that's what I wanted, I just grabbed one because I knew the debate that would ensue.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                my mom- what are you looking for just pick one.
                me- A whatchamacallit
                Her?? a what? Whats the name?
                whatchamacallit
                Just friggen pick one if you don't know
                Me: The name of the chocolate bar is literally "whatchamacallit".
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Years ago, even before shops charged for carrier bags, my Father would go shopping with a load of plastic bags stuffed into another bag - and to my embarrassment he would pull out the plastic bags that once held 9 toilet rolls... he didn't see a problem with it! In his eyes it was just another plastic bag with handles that would hold groceries!

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                    Me: The name of the chocolate bar is literally "whatchamacallit".
                    Whatdoyacallit?

Whatchamacallit!
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm so frustrated that I can't find 3 of my bags. Two were made by my mom so though they aren't the best for holding groceries, they have a bit of sentimental value. The third is one that I really just like. It's from Bath & Body Works and they don't sell them anymore. It's a gorgous teal and green design. They are not in the car, not in any of my purses, not in storage, not in my grocery cart, not behind the storage cart in the hall closet... I honestly think I accidentally left them in my old car and they went to Car Heaven with it. ugh
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Eric, my first manager and I one day decided to map "whatchamacallit" "whozit" etc to specific items in the warehouse (I think we had about 20)...it was fun to watch onlookers as one of us would say "Hey, gimme that whozit on the top right" and we'd proceed to take down an item that turned out to magically fit perfectly on the shelf.

It eventually became his occasional "test" for the rest of the team; see us grab Puttanesca Sauce A when asked for "veebelfletzer" and if they could start doing it. Not so much to force everyone else to play along (although that'd be entertaining) but were they actually paying attention.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

DS - That's brilliant. I love it!
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                          X