This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should have known you were an idiot

Where on the job and a big snow storm hits. Rather than do the right thing and send us home early, we've got to get the job done and yeah, good luck getting back to the shop considering you're going through the worst traffic area in the city and leaving at 4:00. But that's not the rant I'm here for.

Oh no, it wasn't quite enough to send us out like that, the customer had to add on some insignificant work to put us right into the heart of rush hour. They've got some file cabinets that are broken and garbage, but rather than just trashing them, they want them sent to their warehouse. There was no reason why they had to go today, they had plenty of space in the reno area, the reno are is not being touched for at least a month, and we'll be back sometime before then. But they want the cabinets gone today... waaaaaahhhh!

Fine, whatever. I get the address and it occurs to me that with normal traffic factored in, this place is 45 minutes away, we're at least over an hour considering the weather. I was going to say something, but then I figured "naaah, who would be stupid enough to send us somewhere that's going to be closed?" I get there shortly after 5:00 and the place is locked up tight. Who would be stupid enough to send us somewhere that is obviously going to be closed? A customer, that's who.

I give it a shot anyway and knock on the door. Shortly after that, somebody actually answers. Hallejujah, maybe that idiot wasn't a total idiot after all. Hey, not so fast there evilhomer. The guy who opened the door was a complete asshole. He won't even let me finish telling him why I'm there before telling me that I can't drop anything off, everybody who works here left at 4:30. Okay, you're here aren't you? Whatever, fine, I just have to call my shop to let them know what's up. He protests this and if he were more polite, I would have been more polite, but instead I just turn my back to him. I get my shop and after explaining the situation, I get the brilliant question of "can you ask anybody?" Uh yeah, kind of what I meant by this guy won't let me drop them off. My shop was of no help at all so I make a decision and try to reason with this asshole. I let him know what I got and continue talking through his interuption, telling him that I can just drop these off and somebody who works here can take care of it in the morning. With a sneer he tells me "I already told you that we're closed". I give him a wave and say "hope karma doesn't bite you in the ass buddy" and hit the road.

I was pissed off about this asshole, but even more pissed off that I was even sent there in the first place. The idiots should have known that the warehouse closed at 4:30 and should have realized that there was no chance in hell of me getting there on time. But of course, I'm the one who assumed that they weren't idiots and actually knew what they were doing, so I guess that makes me the bigger idiot.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Bill them for overnight storage of the crap, and the trip to the warehouse

Comment

Yeah, I hope they get a massive trip charge and storage bill from your company.

Comment

Plus O/T and extra charges for gas!

Comment

Oh no, the company can't charge for that kind of stuff, they're loosing their shirt because I couldn't drop that off.

And if you believe that one ...
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
          Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

The "were gonna lose money on this job!" Motivational line only works if the employees care about the company lol

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
              The "were gonna lose money on this job!" Motivational line only works if the employees care about the company lol
              And if they don't already know more about the business than the so-called managers do.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
                They don't seem to appreciate when the response to that is "that's funny, I'm making money here"

Every once in a while I'm sure they do lose money, but usually it's just crying wolf and we all know how that story goes. Overall though, I couldn't give a rodent's rectum if they don't want to grow a set and charge the customer for the customer's own fuck up. Whether they do or not isn't my problem, as long as I'm getting paid.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                And if they don't already know more about the business than the so-called managers do.
                I find it funny how they miss out on all the little details that they could catch if they just took some input from the employees. I'll give credit where it's due, they do the big things well and keep the company going, but the little things that get things going smoothly are often lacking.
                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Comment

Working...
                X