This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have the batmobile in custody

Those words were actually spoken over the police band today.

The weather has been nice for the last week, so they opened the Garden Center gate. That means we have to keep a closer watch on people coming and going.

When I got back from lunch today, my coworker tells me there has been a suspicious person going in and out, in and out. The door watcher also tells me there was a black car parked outside the gate and that he saw the suspicious guy going to the car in between the out and in.

I keep and eye open but don't see anything, but after putting a grill up on a shelf, I notice a cart back on the last aisle. Inside, a 46inch Smart TV and an all-in-one desktop computer.

2 + 2 =

I notify security, they get descriptions from my coworkers and take the cart. About a hour later, I look up and see a police car outside the gate. As I approach the gate I see the black car is back and it is obviously the same car because it has a huge red Batman symbol on the back window. As I start to go back inside to notify management, I notice two carts in the back of the patio. Another TV, two computers and a bunch of other stuff. I notify security and management and wish I had some popcorn for the show.

The police have been trying to keep people from parking in the fire lane at the front of the store and I can hear the officer point out other parking places. He uses that as an excuse to run their tag and license. All the time our security manager is on the phone with the police and one of the security guys has noticed the suspicious guy and is trailing him with guess what, another computer in his cart. When the police come back with some outstanding warrants, we don't have to wait on them to shoplift any more, they are arrested and the Batmobile is taken into custody.

I don't know a lot of what happened next, only that the police asked for a total value of what was almost taken and for it to be held aside for the time being. I can't believe they would come back the same day and that they would use a car with such an easy to see and identifiable symbol on it.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

I'm glad he was actually caught!

Working security at the mall, theft was the reason I hated people parking in the fire lane the MOST! They could just run out to their car and take off.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Different circumstance, but I have a Batman obsessed coworker with a very identifiable car showing his fandom of Batman, and he was caught cheating on his wife because he parked that car at an apartment building where another coworker lives....he thought "Wtf? That's the Batman car....who's he seeing here?"....and when he asked the guy about it......that's when it all went downhill.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I forgot to mention how they caught the suspicious guy.

He was wearing bright neon yellow shoes!

You could have seen him with the lights off.
        "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Nuclear yellow shoes, red Batman decal in the rear window... the only thing missing was a sign that said, "Hi, I'm a super villain and my powers are 'standing out in a crowd' and 'being obvious.' My weakness is, 'dressing like a normal human' and 'if Batman saw me, I'd be hanging by my ankles from the garden center rafters.'" His origin story would be "I gained super powers when I donned these Chernobyl Powered Shoes! I am hoping that the decal on my car will one day lure in the Bat, so that I might destroy his eyesight using the blinding color of my SHOES!!!"

The UPC switcher I 'caught' in the act twice was recognizable by his very usual shade of blue eyes. They were a vivid pale blue that almost glowed on their own, so his second attempt around me ended in him abandoning yet another set of high end (for Mart of Wal) Bose speakers. With both the assistant store manager and loss prevention on his heels, because they suspected him of shoplifting as well.
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
            They were a vivid pale blue that almost glowed on their own...
            A Spice user then. But clearly not the Quisatz Haderach.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
              Dune reference FTW!
              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                His origin story would be "I gained super powers when I donned these Chernobyl Powered Shoes!
                RITFLMAO

I always said "solar powered" but damn that's so much funnier!!! I may have to borrow that to use at work.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                  Quisatz Haderach give the dog a bone, this old man came rolling home.

That was my response when I first heard that name in the movie.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I hope it never happens, but, If I EVER get stuffed into the backseat of a cop car, I intend to shout:

"YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF DOCTOR COLOSSUS!!! FOOLS!!!"
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

"See this red "S" on my chest?"

"Yes, and you're going to have a black "I" if you don't come quietly."
                      [/Cos]
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I have neon yellow/yellow-green shoes too! I love them, they make me visible. And I like the color.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                          Dune reference FTW!
                          beat me to is

Comment

Sounds like how my employer caught one of our shoplifters. The guy had a very distinct looking car with emblems showing it to be a special edition. (Old and raggedy-looking, mind you.) They bagged him at another store and when he was arrested, this 6' 5" giant of a thief broke down and cried like a baby.
                            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                              the only thing missing was a sign that said, "Hi, I'm a super villain and my powers are 'standing out in a crowd' and 'being obvious.'
                              The evil Dr. Conspicuous up to his nefarious plans. Mwa-ha-ha-ha!
                              You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Working...
                              X