Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't care about the law, I want what I want NOW!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    I wonder if the credit agencies would care if the now-grown-up kid could prove that he/she was too young to have signed up for cable or whatever at the time...
    I can't vouch for everybody, but when I worked for MajorBank I had two of these cases cross my desk during the time I was in loans and lines. Both cases were loans originated by a bank that my employer had overtaken. One was a line of credit, long since closed and written off as bad debt, and the other was a car loan that ended in repossession years prior. Since both people were very easily able to prove they were minors at the time of loan origination, we sent notice to the reporting agencies to remove the debts from their credit profiles.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      Strange law, but then it takes time for the law to catch up to the ever changing technology. Bet the original law was in place before internet and phone services came over cable.

Still the law is the LAW! Change it don't break it.
      When I worked at the Super Wal-'Mart, I had many people get mad at me because they didn't have their ID on them and they were under the age of 27. State law requires anyone under the age of 27 to be carded. No ID, no alcohol, period.

I even explained this to one particular customer, about how it was the law and I would get fired for breaking it, and he said "I don't care. That's your problem, not mine."

Comment

I did see things like this a few times at MajorBank. Unless certain conditions were met (defaulted loan past a certain age and under a certain amount), we'd have to file a fraud complaint. This means, if the amounts are high enough, we'd contact local law enforcement (I never envied our people in fraud). It's shocking how many people would get cold feet when it boiled down to possibly sending their parent/spouse/child to jail.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth erik316wttn View Post
          I even explained this to one particular customer, about how it was the law and I would get fired for breaking it, and he said "I don't care. That's your problem, not mine."
          Seems like this customer got it wrong - it apparently was his problem, since I imagine he wasn't going to get his beer/cigs/whatever.
          Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
            I can't vouch for everybody, but when I worked for MajorBank I had two of these cases cross my desk during the time I was in loans and lines. Both cases were loans originated by a bank that my employer had overtaken. One was a line of credit, long since closed and written off as bad debt, and the other was a car loan that ended in repossession years prior. Since both people were very easily able to prove they were minors at the time of loan origination, we sent notice to the reporting agencies to remove the debts from their credit profiles.
            Had something like that also when I worked for the bank of Us. Business card, they admitted to me that they had applied in their sons name, then figured we wouldn't check credit to change to their liability (17 yrs of tax liens? Ouch! No thank you.) Reported it, then saw it go into bad debt when they found out they couldn't get around that.
            πϱ -- The Greek Society you've been burning to join!

Comment

Working...
            X