This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
    You fucked up with how much you wanted to tip because you decided to be lazy and sent your daughter, who obviously has no clue how to leave a proper tip, to handle the tipping, and now you gotta suffer the consequences.

And you certainly do not send your kids to do something that an adult obviously should be doing.
    I disagree with both of these assertions.

I think the daughter knows exactly how to properly tip. And I think this child did quite well what most adults fail miserably at.

Quoth emax4 View Post
    Maybe the dad had a right to complain, but not demand the driver come back.
    Yes, he had every right to complain. But he was complaining to the wrong people. The person he had a right to complain to was the person who caused the situation in the first place. Hint: it wasn't anyone who worked for the pizza company.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I guess I should have been more clear, and said that he had a right to complain at his daughter, not the driver.

Comment

Precisely. Though personally, if it were my daughter, and I felt she had overtipped, rather than complain or scold her, I would calmly and politely explain proper tipping to her.

And I can just about guarantee that this is exactly what this flaming douchebag did NOT do.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I've had my kids do that once. But hey, guess what? It's to place we get delivery from almost every Friday (we switch it up to red roof now and again, and they don't deliver). The gal on the end of the line knows me by voice at this point and greets me by name . At any rate, the driver got a 30% or more tip and my wife questioned me on it. My reply was "well, it's our fault. It's not like I"m going to say 'Give me back my money!'". And honestly, it gets us better service. This place also dropped a $20 one night on our door step. We returned it to them the following day, but the incredulity on their end when we called to tell them we found it was just plain sad.
          But the paint on me is beginning to dry
          And it's not what I wanted to be
          The weight on me
          Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by anything an SC does, but seriously, I would be mortified if anyone I knew demanded all or part of a tip back. Beyond rude.

Teach your kids how to tip. Both to give a tip and how much is reasonable. If the kids don't know, parent fail.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Precisely. Though personally, if it were my daughter, and I felt she had overtipped, rather than complain or scold her, I would calmly and politely explain proper tipping to her.

And I can just about guarantee that this is exactly what this flaming douchebag did NOT do.
              Of course not, because by doing so there might be the faintest thought that the flaming douchebag himself might somehow be to blame - and we can't have that, can we?! /sarcasm
              "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                When I was a kid I answered the door for the pizza.... and said "keep the change."
                ...ya filthy animal.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                  When I was a kid I ... said "keep the change."
                  Quoth sms001 View Post
                  ...ya filthy animal.
                  What else can you do with a full diaper?
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    ...ya filthy animal.

A quote from Home Alone, which in turn was a quote from Angels With Filthy Souls.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      A quote from Home Alone, which in turn was a quote from Angels With Filthy Souls.
                      Which itself is part of Home Alone.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        Another driver experienced almost the same thing but with a twist.

He delivered to a nice suburban house. A guy and his buddies were sitting in the garage drinking and had ordered pizza. The guy order 2 or 3 pizzas for a total of around say $32. he gave the driver 2 $20 bills and said keep the change. The driver then starts to walk back to his vehicle. A girls runs out of the house and stops the driver. She wants all the money her "father" gave the driver and wants to pay for the order herself.

Now if that were me, no dice. the transaction was done and complete (with a decent tips to boot). Sadly the driver DID the exchange and got paid with EXACT change.
                        And that's when I would've told her "I'm sorry, your dad said I could keep the change". If she threw a fit, I then would say, "Talk to your dad, I'm leaving. Cya". They got any complaints, call the store and talk to my manager. He'll most likely take my side because the customer told me to keep the change in the first place. Also, I don't think the father would complain, seeing as how he was going to give me a big tip and his daughter was going to stiff me, with money that wasn't even hers on top of all things.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                          Which itself is part of Home Alone.
                          True. Angels With Filthy Souls was made for Home Alone, but it is based on Angels With Dirty Faces.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
                            And that's when I would've told her "I'm sorry, your dad said I could keep the change". If she threw a fit, I then would say, "Talk to your dad, I'm leaving. Cya". They got any complaints, call the store and talk to my manager. He'll most likely take my side because the customer told me to keep the change in the first place. Also, I don't think the father would complain, seeing as how he was going to give me a big tip and his daughter was going to stiff me, with money that wasn't even hers on top of all things.
                            I would've said no problem, but the original $40 goes from my hand directly into your father's, not yours. If you want to do it that way, we're going to guarantee it goes to the right person.
                            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Well, this was a learning experience.

You want your kids to handle money? TEACH them! Explain tiping, explain taxes, explain getting change back.
                              It's not the years in you life that count, it's the life in your years! - Quote from the office coffee cup.

Comment

Quoth Cecily View Post
                                Explain tiping, explain taxes, explain getting change back.
                                I wish more parents would tell their little darlings about things like this. I am just now gearing up for a week of midnights at Timmie's during March break holidays.
                                The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X