This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Doggies Are Epic

My job isn't too far from the beach and we have a doggy bowl full of water outside our retail store for the people that constantly walk their dogs past the door. There are some apartments above us well, full of friendly dog owners. We even have some treats behind the counter for them should their owners not mind.

There is a kind older couple that live a few blocks away who bring by their Boston terrier, Bella and their sheepdog, Kato almost daily. We give them each a treat and then chat with the owners if there isn't a lot of customer activity. Times like this make me look forward to each shift.

I just wanted to share that little bit with you all for no reason.

Sounds great. Please give the pooches some extra love from me.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

We used to have dogs come in my old store. My favorite was Earl the American Bulldog (he'd come right behind the counter and demand to be petted) and Pinga the Yorkie (who loved to give kisses), plus Shiz-Zu the Shitz-Zu. No dogs in the new store (mall locations suck...too close to food service), but those pups made things worth it.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I always love hearing about places that do little things for pets, like that -- especially the water thing, living in tha South as I do, where it's often hot
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

There is a frozen yogurt place that has a doggie bowl outside.
          It's called common sense for a reason

Comment

Two of my favourite cafes have bowls of water outside for dogs. They both also have tables and chairs outside, so you can actually sit and have coffee/meal outside and take your dog with you!

Comment

Working...
            X