This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat
    I just don't like artificial sweeteners, except in gum for some reason. I'd prefer to drink water than to drink a diet soda. It's just my own personal preference. If I drink soda these days it's usually in small quantities, and only a couple of times a week, but it's not diet. It think it's lack of exercise that causes me to be overweight, and I make some other poor diet choices.
    This. The only soda I drink is a soda my store carries in its exclusive line that uses real sugar and has no HFCS. The root beer is amazing and the grape soda is quite good.

I tend to drink water (with and without flavor packets), milk, and 100% fruit juices. I've yet to find a completely caffeine free tea I like. But thanks to Lupo I'm gonna order some soon.

(HFCS makes my stomach upset so I tend to avoid it when I can, and I can no longer drink caffeinated drinks in an effort to limit my migraines.)
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I grew up on diet sodas, since my brother and my dad are diabetic, and I've stuck with that. ¨
      I've never gotten past the fact that regular sodas make my teeth feel sticky. Also, in the choice between soda and dessert, I prefer dessert. Sugar content is pretty similar, desserts usually more fatty, but endlessly more satisfying.

As for the health freaks who keep looking for the easy way out: GROW UP! There are no easy ways out! If you want to go to town on the unhealthies, pick quality over quantity, and make sure you enjoy what you're eating, instead of counting calories!

I've found a diet plan that's worked well for me. If you can, off the top of your head, explain how you make it in 45 secs or less, it's OK. Steak? Kill a cow, cut off good bit, fry, eat. OK. Ready-made hamburger patty? Uhhhh...? Nope. Brownie? Egg, sugar, milk, cocoapowder, butter, flour, baking soda, mix, into oven, done! OK. Jelly beans? Uhhh...? Nope. This way, you get simple, natural and nutritious food.
      The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
        (I can no longer drink caffeinated drinks in an effort to limit my migraines.)
        Maybe you can explain this for me, then -- I have often heard that caffeine can trigger migraines in many people....So, why is it that one of the most heavily-marketed OTC migraine medicines is essentially caffeinated Tylenol? o_O;
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei
          Maybe you can explain this for me, then -- I have often heard that caffeine can trigger migraines in many people....So, why is it that one of the most heavily-marketed OTC migraine medicines is essentially caffeinated Tylenol? o_O;
          I have no clue. Except triggers are different for everyone. One person's migraines can be triggered by caffeine and another person's is treated by caffeine.
          I just know that since I stopped consuming caffeine 1.5 months ago I have had 2 migraines. That's compared to the 2-3 I'd have a week.
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I can answer that. See some people get headaches when they are on 'withdraw' from caffeine..so taking said caffeine will of course cause those headaches to go away.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

One woman informed us that a mini serving is worth 3 points on the Weight Watchers plan, and that the sort of thing we should know in case our customers asked.
              The thing is - even if that customer had good intentions, you CANNOT tell customers this information.

Why? Because Weight Watcher's is trademarked. Your company actually has to have a license in order to use their name. You might not get caught but... if you do then your company can be liable for the transgression. Especially if you're trying to use it as a selling point.

What you can do instead is give them the calories, grams of fat, and grams of fiber per serving. Most WW members have calculators for this (or the old fashioned slider!) and can calculate it themselves.
              Last edited by PepperElf; 04-17-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                The thing is - even if that customer had good intentions, you CANNOT tell customers this information.

Thank you. Plus, none of us were there and don't know the attitude of the woman who stated it, so lets move on, please.
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                X