Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not asking for personal information!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mslisarose View Post
    I think it is because water bills go with the property, not the person. I work for a title company, and we often call and get property tax and water billing info to be paid by mortgage company or closing lawyer. Most of the time they do not care who is calling - just give you the amount due and when.
    *waves* I like title searchers, we have them come to work to look at the old property records. I've never met one that didn't have their act together, or was rude and demanding.

My friend owns his land and single wide trailor (yes, its a trailor, he's got the wheels and hitch under the skirting) outright, and its a small water company. I guess I just assumed that it was because they know him and know that if they don't take my money that the bill won't be paid anytime in the near future.

Its dark and my friend doesn't have any light showing in his windows. I hope he hasn't had his electricity shut off because the electric company won't talk to me. I hate going through his unopened mail to look for the bill. Actually, I hate going in his place at all AND its dark when I get home, so I'll have to wait until the weekend to deal with the problem.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
      Its dark and my friend doesn't have any light showing in his windows. I hope he hasn't had his electricity shut off because the electric company won't talk to me. I hate going through his unopened mail to look for the bill. Actually, I hate going in his place at all AND its dark when I get home, so I'll have to wait until the weekend to deal with the problem.
      Would it be possible to have yourself put on his account as an emergency contact? I think it can be done for old people and people with certain medical conditions.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

That would be the reasonable and logical thing to do, wouldn't it? My friend would not only have to agree, he would have to call the electric company and set it up, so it won't happen. *sighs*

He has a gas waterheater, stove so he'll be able to shower and cook. I called him today and he said that the electricity had been shut off because the electric company are ripping him off. Its a plot to make poor people die of heat stroke or something. I really wasn't kidding about the crazy part.

Comment

Working...
        X