X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some shorties....

1. Hotmail password issue....

Woman called in because she forgot her hotmail password. I let her know to use the "forgot password" link at the site or contact them if that fails. End of call....

Later that week, I check my email surveys and she gave me bad marks and said "Representative main intend was to let me know what he knew, but was not interested in hearing or assisting to resolve the problem. It was like he was reading a script so that he could sound good or to appear he was handling the problem."

So because I wasn't the right person to talk to, I'm a bad guy. And yes I did do my canned statements, I could have told her right away to call Hotmail but I'm not risking failing an audit to satisfy her.

2. Slandering spyware.

On nearly every software troubleshooting call I make a point to remove IE toolbars because they cause issues and they're spyware.

This client had SIX toolbars and I told her the line I use so clients are okay with me removing them....

Me: I'm going to uninstall all those toolbars, they cause the browser to crash due to containing redundant features and technically all toolbars, even the legit ones are considered spyware because they track your surfing habits for marketing purposes....

SC: Why would you slander legitimate software so you can get me to be okay with removing it?!

Me: It says it right in their license agreements when you install them that they will track your surfing habits. Sounds like spyware to me.

SC: Oh.

And yes, she did let me uninstall them. However, she did refuse to let me uninstall Limewire.

3. I already tried that!

Got a TV call where the client said none of her HDMI ports worked. On her particular TV, there is a known issue where the HDMI ports will suddenly refuse to work, but there is a very easy fix.

Me: Before we do anything further I want you to turn the TV off and unplug it's power cord....

SC: I already tried that, the TV is broken, send a tech out!

Me: How long did you try it for?

SC: About ten seconds.

Me: That's not long enough. Let's try it again.

I had her unplug the power cord and let it sit for 3 minutes. Guess what happened?

SC: Wow! It worked. Thanks!

Me: *Gives closing spiel, ends call.*

If I sent a tech out, she would have been waiting days for him to do the same thing.

4. But I bought it from you!

Woman calls because she lost her Office 2010 product key. Oh boy....

Me: This is a licensing issue that a) legally we cannot touch and b) only Microsoft would have your product key, so you're going to have to contact them.

SC: But whhhhyyyyy, I bought it from you!

Me: While that is true, we have no record of your keycode, Microsoft does.

SC: But I paid the store to install it! Doesn't that mean anything?

Me: The store is only responsible for installing it and giving you the install media and product key for reinstall purposes. If you lost it, as I said before you will need to call Microsoft.

SC: FINE THEN, I guess I'll have to.

Me: *Gives Microsoft phone number, ends call.*

Note to people: Don't.... Lose.... Your.... damn.... keycodes.
    Last edited by sld72382; 09-13-2010, 12:40 AM.

My keycode is written in texta on the inside of my computer case.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

It was like he was reading a script so that he could sound good or to appear he was handling the problem."
      NO?! A CSR having a SCRIPT??!?! I AM SHOCKED!!!!

edit: also, every one of those phone calls is my grandma. Im sorry.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
        Got a TV call where the client said none of her HDMI ports worked. On her particular TV, there is a known issue where the HDMI ports will suddenly refuse to work, but there is a very easy fix.

I had her unplug the power cord and let it sit for 3 minutes. Guess what happened?

SC: Wow! It worked. Thanks!
        Ehhh... that's really more of a workaround than a fix, unless from thereon out the HDMI ports work flawlessly. I wouldn't be happy knowing I had to do that from time to time; then again, I expect too much from my technology (I'm looking at you, so-called smartphone...)

</nitpick>

Comment

Working...
        X