This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godzilla Meets A Shoplifter

I belong to a model railroad club called Japan Rail Modelers. This past Saturday we had our layout on display at the Sakura Matsuri Japanese Street Festival in Washington, DC. Part of our display is an 5 foot high inflatable Godzilla. As you can see, Godzilla is an honorary member of the club, has his own name tag, and loves to pose for photographs with visitors.

Mid afternoon, I looked over to where he was standing and saw that his name tag had disappeared. It was clipped on the lanyard, and could not have fallen off. Someone unclipped his nametag and ran off with it.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

sheesh...never can escape that sorta thing, can ya?

Saw the display, amazingly done as always.

Comment

Quoth chrisfabo View Post
      sheesh...never can escape that sorta thing, can ya?

Saw the display, amazingly done as always.
      Thanks. It's the first time in 8 years we've had something swiped.

Comment

Too bad Godzilla didn't make a light lunch of them.

Comment

People will still anything. I think I may have mentioned before, when I was about 12 we went on an outing to some old "ghost town". In front of the old church was a sign consisting of 10 separate pieces of wood, with the 10 commandments. Yep, someone had stolen "Thou Shalt Not Steal".

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
            People will still anything. I think I may have mentioned before, when I was about 12 we went on an outing to some old "ghost town". In front of the old church was a sign consisting of 10 separate pieces of wood, with the 10 commandments. Yep, someone had stolen "Thou Shalt Not Steal".
            That's gonna bring down some special Judgment (yes, with the capital letter), there. And not the kind where you get sent to the "special hell" either.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              And not the kind where you get sent to the "special hell" either.
              Remember, the Bible has some mighty specific things to say about killing. But it's a little fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

This really makes me wonder -- given the nature of the club, does his name tag say "Godzilla" or "ゴジラ" (Gojira)?
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  This really makes me wonder -- given the nature of the club, does his name tag say "Godzilla" or "ゴジラ" (Gojira)?
                  It said "Godzilla," although we call him "Goji." I will suggest that the replacement nametag be two-sided with both names.

Comment

Dammit, this wasn't happening when I first posted, but now his song is stuck in my head...

~~ Ooooh no! There goes To-ky-o! Go, Go, Godzilla! ~~
                    Last edited by EricKei; 04-18-2012, 12:20 AM. Reason: looked up a vid so I could correct the lyric
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yeeeahhhhhh.

History shows again and again the folly of maaaan.
                      GFY

Comment

Working...
                      X