Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I've been so quiet lately (kind of long-ish)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I've been so quiet lately (kind of long-ish)

So, life has been... interesting the past couple of weeks. D and I broke up after a very nasty fight, as I wasn't about to stick around for yet another unhealthy relationship. Everyone in my life agrees that I did the right thing, so the breakup was for the best there.

When I left, I moved in with some friends who have quickly become like big brothers to me. One of them has a girlfriend with whom he is opening a bar/custom bike shop. They didn't have a web designer or anyone to do graphics, and guess what I have 10 years experience doing? You got it! Not having a degree, however, it's almost impossible for me to find work doing what I love to do. After having seen some of the things I've done, some of the sites that I currently have out there, S and J decided to hire me as their web/graphic designer/IT guru/internet marketer/administrative assistant, and when the bar opens I'll also be a bartender/waitress. Sounds like a lot, right? It is, but you'll understand in just a moment why I don't mind.

I went back on the dating site that I met D on just to see if anyone new was on there. While logged on, I received a message from someone who ended up really making me smile with their message, because it was just so dorky and sweet that I couldn't help but giggle. I happened to be at work one night (while working at another bar as a waitress), when I got another message from him, so I gave him my number and asked him to text me. We texted back and forth for about a week until last Saturday. Fievel finally came over, and our first date was making muffins. NOW! Here's where the above massive work overload comes into play.

Fievel is a soldier. The long and short of his job is he's a tanker. He's been in for eight years already, and has at least three more left on his current contract. Okay, I live in an army town, so dating a soldier is not unusual. The issue? Fievel is deploying in April. He will be gone for a year, maybe more, maybe less. We don't have any exact dates yet, and probably won't until a week or two before he leaves.

The first weekend that we spent together was fantastic, fabulous, amazing. It was full of laughter, dorkiness, and lots of good times. He brought me a graphic novel called Squee! after realizing that "squee" is one of my favourite words, and then loaned me his copy of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy compilation. Yes, I squee'd, yes, I'm a geek, yes it made me melt. Have you ever met someone and just clicked? Yeah, that happened this past week and all my friends have seen it.

That's all the good stuff. Now the other thing that's had me quiet. I've kind of been withdrawn the past couple of weeks from almost everyone, save for the ones who have forced me to not be. I found out about two and a half weeks ago that one of my dear dear friends in Louisville was in a coma. Q was one of those people who always had a smile, a joke, and a hug, no matter how bad things were. She always had a shoulder and an ear for anyone, stranger or friend. She loved birds, and volunteered at the Kentucky Raptor Rescue. She got pneumonia so bad that she had a fever over 104 for well over a week. On Monday, the fever dropped enough that the doctors felt comfortable trying to remove the ventilator. Unfortunately, Q was not able to breath on her own, and she passed away at approximately 8:30pm EST on the 7th. Q's death has hit me hard, and made this week a very difficult one.

So there you have it. That is why I've been so quiet lately, and that is the update on my life. I've gained some amazing friends in the past month, met a guy who is just as amazing (even if he is being stubborn about not letting me see him weak right now, as he's come down with the same gunk that everyone else has had), and lost a very dear friend, all in one week. I'm going to try to be more active again, and who knows? Maybe when the bar opens I'll have some good stories to pass along! Sorry this was so long, I guess I needed to get it out

Ouch. My absolute sympathy for your loss [and pass some of my sympathy along to your friend]

Good luck with your tanker, and may he stay safe while deployed. If you want to chat, I have *lots* of experience being separated by deployments, mrDrone was career navy and spent at least a third of his time actually deployed.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Thank you lots. I have some experience with deployed loved ones (brother has been airforce for 10 years now, 4 deployments), but I've never had a significant other deployed, so I don't really know how to take this.

Comment

I am so sorry to her about your friend. You have my deepest sympathies.

I hope all goes well with the bar and the tanker (Yeah, I just had to phrase it that way...).

By the way, what is the status with you and the military?
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          By the way, what is the status with you and the military?
          Long story short on that: My ex husband, because we're not fully divorced yet (been separated nearly 3 years now) is still considered a dependent by the military and therefor I have to have a copy of his birth certificate and SSN card, which neither of us have access to. Why doesn't he have access, you ask? Because he's in jail. And he's not getting out any time soon. So if I want to go in, I'm going to have to get my divorce. Not sure I really want to go in now that I've managed to land my dream job in a long term status now though.

Comment

You may have to thank your ex for that.

Good luck!
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Heh perhaps. I'd just rather have him out of my life LOL

Comment

Working...
              X