This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful news!

I found out that my cat allergy doesn't really apply to the cornish rex! * Dances*

I found out a couple years back my near constant sniffles and itchiness was because I was allergic to kitties. . Not good when I worked with many cats daily then went home to my own cat. After my cat passed away I was at least a bit better at home, and after I stopped petsitting daily I was much better. This week I offered to take care of a friend's cats, she is a breeder so there are ton of cats in the house. In the name of science (meaning I forgot) I didn't take my allergy meds this morning and I survived a couple hours in the house with the cats! The only time I was really itchy or had a runny nose was when I was in the cat room where it's a small space and had a ton of litter boxes there is also carpet which is a killer with someone with cat allergies. Even with all that I wasn't that bad, I was able to snuggle everyone and had no issues with kitty to skin contact.

I'm so thrilled, I have always loved rex kitties and sphynx cats. Just didn't really get to spend time with rex kitties and haven't met any Sphynx . Now I'm totally addicted. I might see if I could adopt one of the females she has in the future or possibly get one of that cat's kittens, she is hairless and has a wonderful personality and decided to play parrot while I was there and sat on my shoulder as I worked. Actually a lot of rexes are like that, but she and I had a connection.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

yay=] pet allergies suck, i am allergic to my cat but she is worth it =]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
    X