X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy!

I haz Droid!

I was eligible for an upgrade anyway and wanted a cellphone that could handle my 'work' email and interwebs, video, etc so I picked up a shiny Samsung Captivate yesterday.

My contacts were ported over at the store from my old phone, which resulted in a few contacts being duplicated (nicknames were given their own entries, anyone with a Gmail address was duplicated yet again) and minor confusion until I disabled syncing with Gmail/Google.

The only confusion that yet remains is that the ringtones that were copied over are blank files and I can't find a way to remove them (might have to go into the store for that); I also want to get rid of the AT&T animations and change the boot/shutdown sounds.

Still, SHINY
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

I've got the Vibrant, which is the T-Mobile version of the phone. Very very very nice phone.

For the contacts, I have a suggestion: Go into your gmail account on your desktop, and edit the contacts there. You can merge them/etc. Then, when done, clear contacts off the SIM card, and you're all set. The phone can start syncing with gmail again, and all your contacts are always up to date all the time.

It's *really* nice

Comment

Working...
    X