Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Gonna Make Someone a Great Wife Someday!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    I should have said WILLING to do the dishes.

So my first recipe goes something like this: equal parts ground veal, ground pork, and ground beef, some bread crumbs and eggs, chicken stock, salt, pepper, and other spices, and some fresh herbs, wrapped in maple bacon, basted with barbecue sauce, and sprinkled with brown sugar. Currently getting happy in the oven.

Taking longer to cook than I expected, though. I have coworkers to feed, damn it!
    Oooh I like this....I'd have to substitute some things to cut down the sugar content though.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Li'l Sis makes an amazing meatloaf with applesauce instead of breadcrumbs. Om nom.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
        Oooh I like this....I'd have to substitute some things to cut down the sugar content though.
        Yeah, it was a little sweet....probably the combination of maple bacon, hicory and brown sugar barbecue sauce, and brown sugar was a bit much to top it with, especially with the lack of spicy counterpunch for balance.

Meat Loaf 2.0 will be better, though!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I will await the verdict on number 2 with anticipation!

Sometime in the next week or so I shall be attempting one using quinoa instead of breadcrumbs. The recipe I found looks good, but I think the test will be in the tasting there
          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
            I will await the verdict on number 2 with anticipation!

Sometime in the next week or so I shall be attempting one using quinoa instead of breadcrumbs. The recipe I found looks good, but I think the test will be in the tasting there
            If you decide you don't like the quinoa, try teff.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

BTW Jester....they do make dishwashers, ya know. And paper plates.

What?!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Did I mention that I live in the tropics? (And no, I'm not moving up north. I do NOT do winter. When I leave Key West, it will be to head back to the desert, aka Phoenix.)
                I don't do winter, either. I just do my best not to go outside unless I have to...unless it's a balmy 20 degrees outside.

Also, to be fair...I also don't do summer. Too Irish/Danish/German for that.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  BTW Jester....they do make dishwashers, ya know. And paper plates.
                  Yes they do. But you can't cook on paper plates. Nor can you transport a big juicy meat loaf across town in a paper plate. Well, not without making a big mess of your truck. Which I was not willing to do.

As for the dishwasher, I have one. But you cannot stick the mess that I had in a dishwasher and expect to get it cleaned. I had to clean up the pan and the tupperware before they were even ready to get into the dishwasher.

I know, it seems silly to have to clean something before you clean it. But that's just the way it is.

Quoth Becks View Post
                  I don't do winter, either. I just do my best not to go outside unless I have to...unless it's a balmy 20 degrees outside.
                  20 degrees? Brrr!

You would LOVE Phoenix....

Still A Customer."

Comment

Your version sounds pretty good actually, cause normally the only Meatloaf i like is the one i can play on the stereo.
                    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      20 degrees? Brrr!
                      Considering it has been known to be much colder than that, I'll take 20+ degree temps in winter.

Quoth Jester View Post
                      You would LOVE Phoenix....
                      I'd have a better chance of seeing spring training games...
                      Unseen but seeing
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We did a turkey meatloaf, which came out nicely. It isn't quite low fat, commercially ground turkey they grind pretty much everything except the bone so it has all the fat on the skin and attached to the meat.

But it is quite lovely as beastloaf. We have one of the meatloaf loaf pans that is double, the insert has little holes to help the fats drain out.

Though I admit I have been craving a proper pate de parisienne lately.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Jester in his youth (1:10)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3QkwDld1d4
                          Quote Dalesys:
                          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

When I look out the window right now, I'm quite willing to trade snow for muggy hot OR dry hot. Meatloaf or not.

Mmmm, but now I want meatloaf....
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                              Your version sounds pretty good actually, cause normally the only Meatloaf i like is the one i can play on the stereo.
                              Bat Out of Hell--one of the greatest albums EVER.

Quoth Becks View Post
                              Considering it has been known to be much colder than that, I'll take 20+ degree temps in winter.
                              Considering I don't live in places where 20 degrees is considered warm, even in winter......

Quoth Becks View Post
                              I'd have a better chance of seeing spring training games...
                              Yes. Yes you would.

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                              We have one of the meatloaf loaf pans that is double, the insert has little holes to help the fats drain out.
                              Tako (the Octopus Chef) reminds us that loaf pans are great--for bread. For meat loaf, they are really not needed.

Quoth draggar View Post
                              Jester in his youth (1:10)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3QkwDld1d4
                              A few things:

1. Bite me.
                              2. How did I miss this movie? Looks totally like my kind of flick!
                              3. Or was it really lame, and so went straight to video as everyone rightly ignored it?
                              4. Bite me.
                              5. I may not be the best-looking guy, but even when I had long hair, I was not mistaken for a woman. The (usually present though currently absent) goatee and the (always present) deep baritone voice see to that.
                              6. Bite me.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                Considering I don't live in places where 20 degrees is considered warm, even in winter......
                                To be honest, I became a wuss when I lived in NJ. Anything below 40 was horrid.

Quoth Jester View Post
                                Yes. Yes you would.
                                I've always wanted to see some spring training games.
                                Unseen but seeing
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X