This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little moments of stupid

This thread is to share our little moments of idiocy. Nothing big or anything, just those little moments when our brain temporarily goes on vacation.

So here's mine:

I was listening to my Zune when a Bach piece came up. I really liked what I was hearing and thought I might like to learn to play it on the piano. So I looked at the title so I would know how to find the sheet music. It read Bach Harpsichord Concerto in D...and then the Zune had cut off the rest of the title.

My immediate reaction was "oh, crap. Now I'll never be able to figure out which concerto this is--whether it's major or minor." Then I realized that, duh, if it was a happy-sounding song it would be major and if it was a sad-sounding song then it would be minor. It was the concerto in D minor.
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

I love harpsichord music! And lute music.

Hmm, for "duh" moments....

There was the time I put the water in the coffee carafe instead of into the place it's supposed to go, turned on the machine, and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting coffee... Yeah, I'm not too sharp until after the caffeine hits my bloodstream...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

When the time changed happened, I thought I had set up the coffee maker to the right time along with the right time to start the coffee. I started to smell coffee at 18:30 and asked Mr. Mis if he made coffee and he gave me that weird look he has been giving me for 20 years and said he hadn't.

I had set the coffee maker to the right time but as AM and not PM. It was a stupid moment.

Another time, I was desperately trying to find my car keys and looked every where before realizing I had them in my hand the whole time. That was so embarrassing and a double stupid moment.

I could go on and on since I have had a lot of stupid moments in my life.
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

My Duh moment is when I was talking on the phone getting ready to go and trying to find my phone. Here I am tearing the house a part trying to find it talking to my daughter and she asked me what was wrong. needless to say she already knew I was loosing my mind, now she had proof.
        "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

I answered Drive Thru with "Hello?" instead of "Hi, can I help you".

This is particularly bad when you realize that I -never- use the phone as my phone only texts.

Comment

My duh moments usually involve me getting new scars.

Hubby and I went camping and he was making waffles in our maker that you can put over a fire or on the coleman stove, very neat little thing that gets really hot. He opened it for me and I reached over the hot part to get the waffle. Yeah I have a waffle square burn scar on my arm.

I am now told when we go camping not to come back with any new scars or burns
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Elspeth: that reminds me of the time I tried to take a cookie sheet out of the oven without a hotpad. Yeowtch! Luckily I only burned two fingers, but still.
              My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
                I answered Drive Thru with "Hello?" instead of "Hi, can I help you".

This is particularly bad when you realize that I -never- use the phone as my phone only texts.
                When I'm really tired I will answer my cell phone and/or the home phone with "Security" even though I haven't worked in security in years. I then wonder why people will quickly say "wrong number" and hang up except for my close friends or family who tell me they will call back when I have had more sleep.
                Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I spend a lot of time lookin' for my sunglasses,only to find they're in my jacket pocket,on my head or hangin' from my shirt.D'oh!
                  "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X